𝟐| 𝐔𝐧𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

Start from the beginning

I totally understand him, because working in the media industry is not at all easy like how they show in movies.

I sighed and went to make myself a coffee and then to complete making the reports. After that I went to my home.

I reached my home by 1 AM in the morning. As I stepped out of my car I saw that My Maa and Bhai was already waiting outside for me. I shaked my head at their behaviour.

" Maa, what is this? I have told you a thousand times to not wait for me when I get late from work. It's not good for your health. " I said while side hugging her and walking inside the house.

"You know I can't sleep till I'm sure that you came back and had your dinner. More than that I only get a little time to spend with my children, I long for them, and being here alone make me anxious about your whereabouts. What can I do if my children don't care about me and don't want to spare some of their time with me ?" she said in a complaining tone while removing my hands from her shoulder. I looked at bhai and raised my eyebrows at him and he shrugged his shoulders.

"Oh...mumma..my sweet mumma, I'm sorry for not giving you time. But you know right I love you the most" I said while consoling her, and nudged my brother to do something.

"Yes Maa, we are really sorry for not being with you, So let's go for a picnic this Sunday, what say?" He said trying to console her.

" But first we will go to the temple and after that picnic." Maa said getting excited.

"As you say" me and bhai said together.

"Go wash your hands and face, I'll serve the dinner for you two." Maa said and left for kitchen. That's when I noticed that bhai is also in his business suit. After that I went to wash my hands.

After having dinner and saying goodnight to my mother I entered inside my room and took a quick bath and changed into my nightdress. I tried to sleep but couldn't because my mind went towards the incident that happened one week ago.

A knock on my door got me out of my thoughts.

" Yes " I said giving permission to enter.

And the door opened and my brother entered inside my room with a tub of icecream.

He knows me thoroughly.

" I guessd that you won't be able to sleep " he said while sitting on my bed and extending the tub towards me and I brought it happily.

"It's been long since we had our icecream night, right bhai?" I asked while stuffing the icecream inside my mouth.

Heaven.

"Yes, and it's been years and you didn't learn how to eat icecream without spreading it on your whole face" he said while wiping my face with tissue and I smiled sheepishly at him.

After finishing a good amount of the chocolate icecream I gave it back to him, he placed it on the table and turned to me. I rested my head on his shoulder and he started to trace his fingers on my hair.

" So how is life? " He asked.

"It's pretty hectic actually,and you know I'm currently investigating about the home minister, and that olddy send me a threat letter today " I said to him and he listened without interrupting.