💛Ep1: The legend💛

Start from the beginning

"And all because of the Monkey King." The scholar guy ended his story.

The brunet boy jumped from his seat. "That's so good! Monkey King was so cool. He's so strong, and handsome." He exclaimed while striking few poses that described the Monkey King.

"Yep, we know it. He's such a cool, amazing guy." The girl commented in deadpan, got a cheeky grin from the brunet boy.

The man chuckled. "Oh, MK, and you thought you knew all the Monkey King's story." He spoke.

"Oh, don't underestimate him, Tangy. He knows it all." She chimed in. She spun the bottle boredly while listening to their conversation like she waiting for something.

"Oh but I do! I got his whole life documented extensively in this unauthorized autobiography of Monkey King! Written and illustrated by yours truly." The brunet boy, MK, explained before he showed a red book.

"Huff... Here we go again." She mumbled with deadpan, bonking her forehead to the counter table

"Like he was born from a stone, and lived behind a waterfall with his sweet little baby monkey friend. And, and, and, Oh!" He rambled everything he knows about Monkey King.

The girl sighed as she drinked the mineral water. Working in there was something news for her. They don't know that she was not a human, she was an oni, an oni who was awake from her long slumber.

The bamboo curtain could be heard moving, revealing a girl with white hair wearing a yellow cardigan as she hugging a pup on her embrace. The girl noticed her presence starting to greet her. "Hey, Hemera. How's it going?"

"Umm..... I got some—"

"Hemera! You will be amazed to hear Monkey King's story this time!" MK exclaimed. He walked enthusiastically towards the girl named Hemera. She  screech when her brunet friend leaped into her. "U-umm....." She started to feel awkward while the pup barking at him. The girl who has the same jacket with him chimed in. "MK, you making her nervous."

"Oh, sorry Hemera." He looked at the pup. "And you too, Yoshi." The pup, named Yoshi started to bark happily.

"N-no, it's fine... But, what's the story about?" Hemera asked. "Ordinary demon. Who got squeeze by the Powerful Mighty Monkey King." Neiru commented, mocking the Monkey King.

"But it's not an ordinary demon, it's the Demon Bull King! The Monkey King locked him up in a mountain with his staff. And stop mocking about him." He denied the girl's comments. She only stuck out her tongue lazily with her arms crossing on her chest as she rolled her eyes.

"Wow, Demon Bull King? That conqueror?" Hemera asked in disbelief. "Yes that's right!" MK replied.

"That was awesome! I never knew that Monkey King can be strong fighting something that was...... Big!" She exclaimed in awe, making the pup also barking in agreement.

"Yeah, right? He's such a cool man. I wanna be just like him." His dream made the girl snorted. "In your dreams." The girl mocked.

"Neiru, stop being so mean to everyone for once." Hemera scolded the girl with black hair with crimson tips, Neiru. "What? It's not like that story was real, really. That's just complete nonsense." She answered, looking at them both.

"It's not nonsense! It must be real, I know that it's not a myth." He protested. "Oh yeah? Then show me then if all the legend and myth are really real, show me. I dare you, pipsqueak." She glares.