Chapter 4 : The Truth untold

Ella slowly opened her eyes and she felt a warm sensation in her stomach. She turned her eyes in the left and found James, chanting some mantra while closing his eyes. She found Louis and and Lucian who were already looking at her .She was about to say something, but lucian signaled her to stay silent. Her heart stopped for a moment when she noticed James glowing yellow eyes, which slowly turned normal within the matter of some seconds. Then realization hit her like a tsunami , she remembered what happened earlier which more like dream to her. She removed James hand, crawled backwards until her back hit the cold wall. She was trembling in fear, James and Louis had a worried look , while Lucian had his usual cold blank look. "I wa-want to g-go home." she started stuttering. 

"But Ell-" Lucian didn't let James finish and said "You can't, you know everything so you better shut your mouth and listen to everything i say" James and Louis stood silently , they knew that what Lucian was saying was right. Ella's life would be in danger, and they can't let anything happen to Ella. 

" What do you mean I can't go? Please let me go, I promise I won't tell anyone." Ella was almost begging and the two demons felt sorry for her. Lucian turned his back and left the room. James came a little close but she  started trembling " Please don't kill me , what wrong have i done to you." Louis sighed and went outside leaving James and Ella alone in the room, because James is a healer, only he can calm her down.  "Ella.." James said softly and sat beside her on the bed. "Listen, no one will harm you here and we will protect you from everyone .You don't have to be scared. It's true we lied to you, you are not pregnant ,  how would we  tell you that you swallowed the core essence of a demon. Try to understand hmm?" Ella looked in his eyes which held nothing but softness . " You are a little different from them , why ?"  James  laughed "Because I am a healing demon I can heal demons when they fell sick or get injured, I also healed you earlier."  Ella gasped and covered her mouth in shock "What? H-how? Am I also turning into a demon?" James chuckled at her innocence "No you are not, you just have a part of Lucian inside you and that's how I could heal."    "Do I have to stay here forever?" James put his index finger under his chin while thinking hard  " NO you don't have to, you are  here just  for a period of time,  after six months the essence will return to Lucian itself, because it can't adjust with the human body and you will be allowed to go ."  Ella  sighed in relief after hearing that but still she has to stay here for freaking six months.

" James I am scared the demon tri-red to kill me. What if someone again come to kill me and what guarantee you can give that after gaining his powers, Lucian won't kill me? He once almost choked me to death." James sighed he knows it's not gonna be easy to convince her because she has never witnessed anything like that before.
"Well as per as I know ...we don't have a reason to kill you and honestly we like to stay away from humans as much as possible...the day we will let you go we will also erase your memory .You won't remember anything and you will be able to led your like before."

Somehow Ella was still not fully convinced but she had no other options. But suddenly she realized something "That means Lucian never took advantage of me?" James chuckled and nodded his "We demons can mate with humans too but Lucian is a different case...he can't just mate with anyone. He already has a fiancé who is a healer like me." Somehow Ella felt a little twist in her heart after hearing that.

"Does he love her?" James's face went blank, and he had a sad smile on his face "Well we are forbidden to fall in love...but personally I think it is a very beautiful thing." Ella could sense his sadness "have you ever been in love?" James's word got stuck in his throat but quickly he regained his composure "well enough of talking today. You better take some rest." James got up and patted her head before leaving the room. Ella blankly stared at his disappearing figure through the door she didn't know that demon could even have a fiancé. But the the most confusing part was why was she so uncomfortable with Lucian having a fiancé .

The  dinning hall was silent, on the sound of spoon striking the plate could be heard. But one plate was untouched. Lucian glanced at the wall clock and it was already past 10pm , he sighed and got up from the seat. James rosed his head and gave a questioning look to Lucian "I am going to bring Ella she can't sleep without eating , she will fall sick." James nagged Louis who was quietly enjoying his food "Louis did you see that?" Louis got confused as he didn't understand what James was referring to. James sighed and said "This is why you are still single." Louis gave a annoying face and started digging in his food again.

Louis twisted the door knob and opened it, to his surprise Ella was wide awake. She was standing Infront  of the window, blankly staring at the dark sky , totally lost in her thoughts. 

Ella's Point Of View

Lucian killed your parents .The words of the green demon is still  ringing in my ears. Does it mean that Lucian is the reason of all my suffering? Is he the person who brought to the orphanage? but why would he kill my parents for no reason? . Does being a demon gives him the right to kill innocent people?

 "Don't give too much pressure on your brain little human."  A cold husky voice said near my ear which send a unwanted  sensation to my body, his warm breath was striking my bare shoulder. The devil appeared Infront of me, he blocked the moon light coming through the window, now  the moon light was striking his smooth skin and jawline , his silky black hair cover a little part of his forehead , his sharp bridge nose and plump rosy lips looked more attractive under the moonlight, i never know that devils can be this beautiful . 

His cold brown eyes deeply staring at mine, he slowly brought his face near me and a devilish smirked appeared in his lips "Don't fall for me human or the consequences won't be good.