Versification 2023: Cadance232

Under construction

Constantly under construction, to create a new me,
Who, alone knows the struggles and troubles I see.

I'm a puzzle, that's tussled, disassembled,
Waiting to be found, shuffled back,
reassembled.

Piece by piece, I pick my lost shards,
That were shattered like house of cards.

I strive to inhale every cent of my present.
Exhale my past, it was never meant to last.

Everyday in every way, I slowly construct, build,
A better me, a wild child, born strong-willed.

Hello Aesthetes!

Here we have with us one of our day winners Cadance232 of the following day:
🔺 Day 9 Construct
🔺 Day 14 Provoke
of versification 2023.

🎈1. What was your favourite prompt in Versification?

I think I enjoyed writing poems for the prompt- Coffee, construct and harmonious.

🎈2. Share with us your favourite poem/entry you wrote for versification.

My favorite poems were "Coffee in Cafe", "Vision", "Bride's Veil", "Under construction" and "That Soul". The last two were my winning poems.

🎈3. What are three words that you'd describe your writing?

Reality, simplicity and warmth.

🎈4. What is the inspiration behind your poetry/writing?

I started writing poems when I was in 10th grade eventually just wanted to give it a try but ended up falling in love with poetry. My inspiration came from life itself, tiniest things around us and the way other poets/poetress expressed themselves.

🎈5. Do you have a favourite Poet or Poetress?

The one who kept me inspired and hooked in writing poetry is an underrated random guy. I would be honored to call him my personal favorite. @DarkenedEclipse739.

🎈6. What was your favourite part of Versification?

The challenge to write poems everyday, be creative and explore different perceptions on simplest things.

🎈7. If you could meet one poet, dead or alive, who would it be?

@DarkenedEclipse739

🎈8. What style of poetry/writing do you write normally?

Couplets.

🎈9. What is your favourite poem you've ever written and what inspired it or is the story behind it?

"Vision" is my favorite poem, It was personally the first time I mentioned my parents being the reason that push me forward in life and how I strife to support and help them. Thanks to versification'23 that poem was created, a small piece of my dreams.

🎈10. Anything you'd like to add or say?

It has been the most exciting and memorable journey for me on Wattpad. To write and read different poems along with other enthusiastic growing poets. I felt a spark writing poetry here with the rest of the contestants, that would memory will be irreplaceable. I thank WattpadTeam for this amazing chance, in the end everyone made their own masterpiece.

Thank you Cadance232 ! Do check out their winning entry Cradle of words and shower them with lots of love.

Team,
WattpadPoetry