"Maybe he changed them because hers were burned by the sulfuric acid." Rossi suggests.

"It's possible. Sulfuric acid can turn human flesh into soap." Spencer says.

"Garcia, any recent similar cases in the surrounding area?" Hotch asks.

"Actually, yes. Two months ago a prostitute and a runaway were both found raped and killed and they had stab wounds to their eyes." Penelope says.

"So maybe he practiced on high risk victims first." Bedelia says.

"And then advanced to chemical enucleation." Derek says.

"Isn't that a rare paraphilia?" JJ asks.

"Well, the chemical part is. It would exacerbate the pain." Emily says.

"Like Ed Kemper, he's probably practicing on surrogates before going after the real object of his rage." Rossi says.

"Dave, you and I will talk to the parents, Morgan and Prentiss, go to the disposal sites. Davis, you and Reid to the abduction sites." Hotch instructs.

"Right." Bedelia mumbles. She looks at Spencer who is staring at the file.

+++

"So Beth got off the bus here and headed northwest toward class." Spencer says as they get to the bus station.

"It's amazing no one witnessed her abduction." Bedelia says.

"Emily was buried 6 feet under and wound up in Paris, so I guess anything's possible, right?" Spencer asks.

"Spencer--" Bedelia attempts.

"Maybe our unsub's a little bit like Bundy." Spencer says. "He feigns injury in order to get her to help him."

"Look, Spence, if you want to talk about this--" Bedelia tries again.

"Maybe he tried other tactics, like, "Wow, you're really pretty. You should be a model. I can take your photo.""

"So no."

"Either one would disarm her." Spencer says.

"Charm is quite the killer." Bedelia reasons.

"So are tears." Spencer says making Bedelia look at him with a guilty expression. "Whatever his ruse was, the unsub most likely used it to get her into his vehicle."

"Well, if Abby was last seen at a bus stop a few miles away, then he definitely has a means of transportation." Bedelia says.

"Hopefully the disposal site will tell us more." Spencer says before walking off.

Bedelia sighs, knowing she deserves this, but that not making it hurt any less.

+++

"Again he's disposing in an area frequented by homeless people." Rossi says.

"It's equidistant to the last two dump sites." Spencer says. JJ kneels next to the body and pulls her mouth open a little.

"He burned her tongue with the chemical this time." JJ says.

"So he removed her ability to taste." Rossi says.

"Why would he do that?" The detective asks.

"Historically this kind of torture was used to prevent someone from revealing a secret." Spencer says.

"Maybe she offended him." JJ says.

"I wonder what that's like." Spencer quips.

"Her lips are extremely chapped." Rossi notes.