062. with friends like these...

Start from the beginning

"Then when he gets here, another unsub hits him with a pipe and it's game on." Bedelia says.

"Look at the vials." Ashley points out. "This is a drug corridor."

"That would explain why there's so much overkill." Spencer says. "Maybe they were on something."

"On the jet I did some researching into the club. A year ago, someone O.D.'d inside. Since then, new management's clamped down on the partying." Ashley says.

"Which means the unsubs most likely fit in to this area." Spencer says.

"Can't party inside, you come out here. They're probably all the same age." Bedelia says.

+++

"We believe our unsub is a white male paranoid schizophrenic who suffers from hallucinations." Hotch says. "Since schizophrenic breaks usually occur in your early 20s, we believe he's around this age and that he lives nearby."

Bedelia glances back at Spencer as he appears to be out of it and fidgets a little.

"We think this unsub is hypervigilant, and in this condition, he's unable to travel very far from his home." Hotch says.

"He kills at night and is extremely violent. During the day, he's most likely a loner. Someone in this state probably can't keep a job. We believe something happened to our unsub in his childhood. Childhood voices telling him to kill, or he's misinterpreting them as doing so." Rossi says.

Bedelia looks back at Spencer again, noticing him mess with his fingers.

"Our unsub has probably been coping until now, but a recent stressor brought him back to that childhood incident and is causing him to act out." Ashley says.

"Our unsub spends his days wandering, trying to fight the desire to kill, yet he feels trapped by his hallucinations." Derek says. "No matter what he does or tries to do, the hallucination's power is greater than his own."

"Because of his limited social circle as a child, it is our belief that the incident involved close friends or family. Now, once we figure out what happened when he was a kid and the stressor that recently triggered a relapse, we'll be that much closer to narrowing down the killer's identity." Bedelia says.

"Reid." Hotch calls.

"We need you all to start searching in this are." Spencer gives a detective a map. "Based on previous kills, we know that he strikes at night and will not retreat until we find him."

After they finish, Spencer walks off, Bedelia watching him disappear into the bathroom. She goes back to where the team has all their stuff and starts going through it when Derek walks up to her.

"How's he holding up?" Derek asks.

"How do you think he is?" Bedelia retorts.

"Yeah." Derek mumbles. "How you holding up?" Bedelia stills for a moment, swallowing down the urge to say anything.

"I'm fine." She says.

"B..." Derek starts.

"Really. I don't wanna talk about it." She quietly says.

Derek gently squeezes her arm before walking away only making her guilt worsen.

+++

"You know, at the grocery store where Karen Heywood was shopping the night she was murdered, the clerk said the unsub was buying water and a lot of salt." Spencer says.

"Saltwater could be used to torture his victims." Rossi says.

"Well, there's no evidence of that." Derek says.