♡4 Awkward beginning

Start from the beginning

"Wait—" he stops walking and turns to me a pout on his face. "Who would they be?" I ask.

"König— what's your real name man?" Charlie asks but does not let him answer, "Is the enemy or villain that gets the girl."

"So dark romance—"

"Please! I can't!" Charlie stops me dramatically covering his ears, "Ghost be like the upperclassmen or like higher ranking officers in a romance fantasy." I snapped my finger and pointed at him, absolutely correct.

"Do you two read romance books together?" König asks.

"Not willingly," Charlie said walking into the room again. "She forces me."

"It's called gossiping!"

"Oh my god, you're one of those noisy neighbors," Ghost groans. I smack him in the shoulder which startled him.

"First of all, messy people are entertaining I am not above gossip and drama, especially the crazy ones. Like that Curtis guy who got his underage sister pregnant." I see the confusion in Ghost and König's eyes. They didn't say anything, just quietly studied me.

"Wait..." Charlie steps in a slow sinister smile creeping onto his face, "Will you make them read those books?"

"Obviously," I said like Snape, "if you have to suffer through it— bitch I am an equal opportunist I want to see all of you suffer through girlie pop shit."

"Be scared boys be scared."

"Alright," König cleared his throat, a hint of seriousness seeping in back, "let's get back to our main topic."

"That was?"

"Boundaries."

"Oh yeah... I prefer not to travel too much," I said, "I am a severe homebody."

"Really?" Charlie said sarcastically, "Who would have thought? You who didn't leave her house for an entire summer locked away."

"I'm my defense I was watching Winx club."

"Four times?"

"Shut up."

"He really is your handler," Ghost said. "I thought it wasn't... overblown but now— genuinely how do you function?"

"Compartmentalization," I state, it's the truth I don't let my work mix with my other side of life, and the only person who ever over ryethat constantly is Charlie. "I can't... like do multiple things at once, I get burned out quickly."

"Aka she doesn't live. In the military, it separates you from everything else, which really helps her. She struggles with things like school workload and a job." I feel Ghost eyes on me studying me like I'm a pure bread dog with many health conditions, weary and full of concern.

"I'm just disabled enough to struggle doing average people stuff but not disabled enough to be accommodated for the rest of my life. People expect me to outgrow this, I never will." I shrug it's the obvious truth. It's sad and people expect disabled children to suddenly overcome it once they a adults and add to the workforce, the world is cruel to disabled adults more so than children.

The public distaste for the disabled is evident in the lack of consideration of buildings and architecture. We are part of the population but we are sorely seen, a phantom mass. Unless you are a veteran, most disabled people are rested with some sort of rudeness, especially. invisible disabilities.

"That must be..."

"Frustrating," König mutters.

"No shit," I said bluntly. "I don't need pity I need reassurance and comprehension."