Chapter 10: A Reason to Act

Yahiko has completely recovered from his illness, and Megumi prepares an ohagi dish to celebrate his recovery.

"It's been ages since I last made ohagi." Megumi unties the towel in her hair. You, Kenshin, Kaoru, Dororo and Yahiko dig in and are ecstatic about the delicious meal.

"Yummy!" You gleam and your friends all stuff the sweet buns in their mouths.

"She's right! This is tasty, that it is." Kenshin agrees.

"Oh thanks." Megumi smiles. "But pretty much anyone make a decent ohagi, really."

"No they can't..." Kenshin cringes while nervously smiled. "Last time Miss Kaoru made some, they tasted like balls of mud so we had to rely on (Y/n) to do all the cooking-"

The way he describe Kaoru's cooking has earn himself a back smack across his face and faint.

"Kenshin!" You scoot over to his aid.

"If you have anything nice to say." Kaoru huffs.

"You really have a violent temper girl, you're dangerous." Megumi goes to Kenshin checking for any injuries. "Poor thing, you wouldn't happen to put up with that if you and I were-" She stopped herself when she saw Kaoru glaring at her.

"Oh-ho! Miss Megumi~!" she warns her not to flirt with Kenshin as she grab Kenshin and throw him back to you. "The second I let my guard down your weaseling you're way right in. I told you I give you the boot if you ever try to make a move on him."

"Oh? Who can control where the heart leads us?" Megumi retorted. "But the way you overreacting makes me wonder. Could it be that your not very confidant in yourself?"

Karou's jaws drop and hit's the nail.

"If you learn how to make a decent ohagi, you might not be so terribly frustrated all the time." she smirks.

Kaoru whines. "You could be right..." Megumi giggles.

You sighed. "Girls are hounding you."

Kenshin chuckles. "But not you."

"I never fight over men." You continue to enjoy a bun. "Two wheels had to at least give up and look for another that match their personalty."

"I thought she might get a little less rude over time, but she really hasn't change very much at all." Yahiko mentions.

"Well she seems a lot livelier  than more cheerful than she was before, that she does." Kenshin explored. "I think that's a good thing."

"Indeed." You nodded.

"NO IT"S NOT!" Kaoru snaps.

"Isn't a little early in a day to all ready be arguing?" Sonosuke sarcastically asked.

"Oh Sono." Kenshin greets.

"So the old man's tested this stuff, no doubt about it." Sono hold out the opium.  "This is definitely that new opium that everyone's talking about."

Kenshin frowns. "I see... so it is. "

You notices Megumi looks sad so you change the subject. "You haven't had any breakfast yet, so would you like to join us?"

"No I don't." Sono growls. "It's bad enough having a stomach (Y/n)'s cooking, if Opium Girl made it I wouldn't touch it." he insults her and Megumi felt hurt.

"Sonosuke!" You shouted at him.

Sono brushes off your scolding. "Anyways, I've been up all night, I'm going to get some shut eye, so wake me up  when the noon-gun goes off.