043. ... a thousand words

Start from the beginning

"Especially when it comes to cash transactions, I'll bet." Derek says.

"He's no kid, yet the missing go back only 10 years?" Rossi asks.

"As far as I could tell." John says.

"Late bloomer." Rossi says.

"You see this a lot, uh, these guys killing themselves?" John asks.

"Uh, most serial killers who commit suicide do it in prison after they're caught." Spencer says.

"JJ, gather as much information about the prior victims as you can. Morgan, Davis, and Prentiss, take the journals. Dave, you and Reid, the tattoos. See if he left any clues about where Miss Daniels might be."

The three go over to the boxes that have the journals. They take some out and flip through them.

"This dude's handwriting is tiny." Emily notes.

"I already have a migraine." Bedelia mutters.

"Yeah. You know, this, uh... this could take a while." Derek says. "Unless we have somebody who reads faster than usual."

"Yeah. Yeah, I know someone like that." Bedelia says, looking over at Spencer who is rambling about something tattoo related.

"How do we get him to agree?" Emily asks.

"Isn't it obvious?" Derek asks, sharing a look with Emily. The two look at Bedelia.

Since their conversation doesn't continue, Bedelia looks up from the journal and looks at Derek and then Emily. She glances between them, it taking a few moments to process their plan.

"Wha-- what? No. No, I'm not magic." Bedelia says.

"He can't say no to you." Emily scoffs.

"He's very capable of saying no to me. Why do you think I don't have pizza every damn night?" Bedelia whispers.

"Every night, huh?" Emily smirks.

"Oh, it was an exaggeration. Shut up." Bedelia tells her.

"Hey, Reid." Derek calls.

"I will kill you." Bedelia hisses.

"You wanna read all this?" Derek asks, holding up a journal.

"What's up?" Spencer asks, walking over to them.

"Our man was a prolific journaler." Derek says.

"With teeny tiny handwriting." Emily adds.

"He probably had counseling at some point when journaling was part of his therapy." Spencer says.

"That's what we were thinking." Emily says.

"And?" Spencer prompts, seeing their looks. Emily elbows Bedelia making Spencer frown.

"Um... well, you know, it-- it would take the three of us, like... a week to go through these." Bedelia says. "But... you know, somebody who can, uh, read super duper fast in a short amount of time... it would take that person a lot less time."

Bedelia gives him a hopeful smile, a pleading look in her eyes.

Spencer purses his lips as he glances between the three in consideration. He looks at Bedelia, Emily and Derek smirking when they spot the genius' shoulders relax as he gives in.

"You guys owe me." Spencer says, taking the journal out of Bedelia's hands as she grins. Derek gives him the journal he's holding. Emily smiles and grabs a crate, putting it down so Spencer can sit on it.