Chapter 6 - Architectural Competition That Never Started

"A- Amazing..."

As I turn around, I suddenly hear a voice behind me and see Monaka standing there with her mouth agape.

"This ...... was made by you, Leo?"

"Ah, yes."

"It's not even noon yet. ......And yet, and yet, and ......"

Monaka's face flushes a rosy red.

"I can't believe you can build such a magnificent house!

Amazing! Amazing! Amazing! I knew Leo-kun was amazing!"

Monaka's eyes moistens and she makes a small gut pose in front of her chest.

She's so calm in front of the other classmates, but in front of me, she's so enthusiastic.

"If you like it, I'll build you a house too."

Monaka gets taken aback.

"Oh, really!? Is that alright with you?

 ◆  ◇  ◆  ◇  ◆

So I load the newly cut wood onto the cart and leave the forest with Monaka.

A crowd of people have gathered at the site of Monaka's class, Class 1 and 2.

Onesco, Monaka's self-proclaimed guardian, is standing on a rock and explaining to the people around her.

"I understand that you all want to offer Monaka a home!

But Monaka-sama is the future High Priestess, so she needs to have a proper home!

That's why I'm going to judge the houses that everyone builds!

The house we think is the best will be Monaka-sama's home!"

"Okay, let's do this!"

"If I can build a house with my first-class construction skills, Monaka will love it!"

"I won't let him! Monaka-sama is going to live in our house!

If Monaka-sama likes our house, we'll have won the rest of our school life!

We can't let the other classes beat us! It's time for us, the "Production Team", to show our strength and work together to build the best house possible!"

It seems that a building contest for Monaka has started.

However, Monaka is so focused on me that she didn't seem to notice what is going on around her.

Thinking that it didn't matter, I unload the lumber from the cart and start preparing to build.

Then I hear a mocking laugh from around me.

"Hey, look at that! The trash guy is going to participate in the building contest!"

"You stupid bastard, what can you do by yourself?"

"I've got the building skills and my classmates are helping me, you can' t compete with us!"

"I'm sure you'll do your best to build a kennel, and then we'll all laugh at you!"

But as soon as the foundation is put in place, the laughter of those around us died down.

"Eh... No way..."

"How can you build such a magnificent foundation, ......?"

"That foundation must look like a two story building!"

"That's ridiculous! Even those of us with construction skills can barely make a single-story hut!

That looks like a real house!"