Chapter 3 - Status Conversion

As soon as I realize that Monaka had 'healed' me, the students start in uproar.

Weiss's eyes are open wide behind his glasses, and he is trembling.

"That ... that can not be!? Monaka to Leopin!? That healing should have been directed at me!"

The classmates of class 20 surround Weiss.

"Hey Weiss, what the hell did you do!"

"Why did you expel Leopin so quickly?"

"If Leopin had been in our class, the ten million would have been ours!"

"You're the lowest of all! You should take responsibility and cancel the exile!"

Weiss glared at his classmates, gritting his teeth.

"You agreed to it, and there's no way you can rescind the exile now!"

While my classmates in Class 20 are arguing with each other, two girls come over to us, looking bloodthirsty.

One of them have a ponytail and a white breastplate on her uniform, while the other covered her face with a black hood.

This duo may have been valets, but they enclose Monaka like light and shadow, scolding her.

"Monaka-sama! A saint's first healing is said to be very beneficial! How dare you give it to such a foolish, Horse bone!"

"Nin. If it is the first time healing someone for a person like Monaka-sama, there are many powerful people who would be willing to pile up gold to get their hands on something as valuable as that, and to give it to a Horse bone degozaru!"

"Onesco-san, Shinobuko-san! Leo-kun is not a horse bone!

To me, he is a white horse: ......! No, he is a prince who straddles it ......."

(Note, the word Uma no hone 馬の骨, means something like "a person of a doubtful origin", thais is a strange word play, that's why this part sounds strange in english)

"Monaka-sama. We are your chaperones!"

"Nin. so, from now on, you are not allowed to do anything without permission."

Monaka gets dragged by the black and white duo back to the crowd of newcomers.

Yes-man vice principal, whose soul had been pulled out of him on stage, finally comes to himself.

"Oh ...... woo hoo! Silence! Quiet!

I'm using Monoka's award as an example, I'm not really giving it away!"

However he quickly goes back on his initial words when he is confronted with the question about the "Love with Monaca Award" certificate in his hand.

"I'm sure you'll be pleased to know that there are many other awards out there, thanks to the supporters.......

So if you do well during your time at the school, you can win a lot of money!

Also, your school life will be broadcasted to the world through a magical device!

As the first students of the Royal Pioneer Academy, please behave in a decent manner!

And with that, today's entrance ceremony is concluded!"

"Wait!"

The principal, who had been standing beside the vice principal, pushes the vice principal aside and steps forward, gazing sternly at all the new students except me.

"I have one last thing to say to you all!

What we want is a golden egg. ......!

A good student is one whose supporters will pour money into the school like water!