Use of a Safety Valve with a Thermocouple by Safety Relief Valve Manufacturers!

A safety valve to intercept the gas supply in case the flame goes out. Safety valves represent fundamental components within plants and circuits, as they make it possible to reduce the risks of malfunctions and failures that always occur during operation, which can lead to more or less problems for people and the environment nearby. So make it carefully that give higher values.

One problem that can often arise, especially when in contact with equipment that carries gaseous liquids, is leaks. If the gas does not go through a combustion process during use, it can lead to excessive accumulation in a room, which significantly increases the risk of explosions & accidents.

One solution is the use of safety valves for gas, which can be of different types depending on the function and component to which they are connected:

- Low-pressure safety valves;

- Shut-off valves with thermal safety valves;

- Valves for control units;

- Valves for pressure reducers;

- Safety valves with manual reset;

- Safety valves with thermocouples.

What are thermocouples?

Thermocouples are components for thermal applications that act as temperature converters. They are widely used in the industrial sector because they make it possible to detect the temperature within a process, circuit, or plant and thus verify its correct functioning. For this reason, they are cost-effective components from an economic point of view and are usually standardized based on worldwide regulations. Despite these undoubted advantages, they usually have limitations related to accuracy.

In general, according to , the principle of operation is based on the Seebeck effect, named after the Estonian physicist who theorized it. This principle is based, in short, on two conductors of different types that are brought into contact: it is observed that a temperature difference generates a potential difference that is used as a control signal.

The Use of Thermocouples in Safety Valves

Due to the considerations of safety valves for gas and thermocouples, it is easy to understand that the connection ensures both more effective control of the fluid and an increase in overall plant safety. In particular, the thermocouple detects the absence of a heat source that burns the gas coming out of the duct, causing a reduction or interruption in the flow. This, in turn, avoids excessive gas accumulation, which can have serious consequences from a health point of view. Therefore, thermocouples play the role of "switches" in this type of valve.

To get the best products you can connect with the . Hope you understand the use of safety valves. If you want to know more about safety valves stay tuned with us.