Chapter 7: Electrifying Fear

Trigger warnings: a ton of electrocution/physical torture, forced alcohol consumption

"And then she pointed it towards the sun and blinded me in that eye! for no reason!" Baseball exclaimed angrily.

"And she shocked me when I tried to help him, and then she just took us back. we talked for a while, and next thing ya know, you came flying through the door." Lightbulb added.

"Man, that all sounds awful!" Balloon said. "...Why do you think she's doing this to us?"

Lightbulb shrugged. "I dunno, I don't really like thinking about it though. It's like one minute we're cool and saying goodnight to each other and then I wake up in her lab ready to be tortured, it just doesn't make sense!" She complained. Balloon nodded.

"Yeah, I know what it's like for a friend to betray you like that. I mean obviously not on this level but y'know what I mean." 

"...How are Nickel and Suitcase doing?" Baseball asked quietly.

"Well, they weren't taking your disappearance that badly, but they were definitely pretty worried. Hope me ending up here too didn't add too much onto that." Balloon replied, rubbing the back of his head. He moved his hands to his eyes and started rubbing them too. "Gah, I feel so weird.. This air sucks, I want my helium back..." He complained.

Baseball stared at the wall beside him, and Lightbulb noticed how gloomy his expression was.

"You alright?"

"I just... I'm worried about them..." Baseball responded quietly, not looking away from the wall. The room stayed still for a few moments until he suddenly felt a sort of skittery feeling on his side. He flinched, suppressing a few giggles. He glanced over at Lightbulb and saw what was happening.

She was just tickling him.

So he let himself react to it. He began laughing and giggling at the feeling, hiccupping a little between it. He wasn't used to this kind of physical affection- mainly because his two best friends didn't have arms to give him it with- but he still appreciated that Lightbulb was trying to cheer him up. And it was working.

After a few moments, Lightbulb stopped and let Baseball catch his breath. He took a second to let out the rest of his after-giggles, his face a bit red. He looked back at Lightbulb and smiled at her.

"Thanks, I... I needed that."

Lightbulb smiled back at him.

Balloon giggled. "Well, at least we can find something to be happy about down here."

The door instantly swung open, startling everyone. Test Tube walked into the room and looked at her prisoners.

"Lightbulb, I need you for an experiment." She stated bluntly.

Lightbulb stared at her for a second, registering what she said. Hesitantly, she stood up and walked out of the room with her. She hated having to answer to her, but that was just it. She had to. She had to or else she would just be hurt again. She stared at the vial who used to be her friend as they walked, feeling more emotions at once then she ever had before. She just wanted answers. Well, freedom too, but that was less likely to happen.

Test Tube opened a door and led Lightbulb inside, the room being somewhat large with concrete walls. Test Tube locked the door behind them and stepped forward.

"I've been wanting to examine your.. electrical attributes.." She began. "I noticed how you lit up a bit when i electrocuted you the other day, that seems like a good place to start." She smiled, grabbing Lightbulb's arm and dragging her to the other side of the room. She put her wrists in metal cuffs on the wall and took a few steps back.