𝟢𝟢𝟨. the birth of venus.

CHAPTER SIX,
the birth of venus.

20 APRIL 2021,
italy.

"I AM NOT HAVING SEX WITH CHARLES!"

"Yeah and it's not everyday I run away to Florence with my classmates." Delia's irritating voice mocked through the phone. "Especially when I had a crush on them."

Nat glared at her phone and was so close to ending the call.

She'd woken up the morning after the dinner 'date' ( as Delia called it ) with the buzzing sound of an incoming call from Delia.

"We did not run away to Florence." Nat said dejectedly as she sat up in bed, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. "I just asked him if he wanted to go to Florence with me and he said yes. So here we are."

She had booked a hotel close to the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, where she and Charles spent all last night staring at the enormous and beautiful structure, from the hotel's communal patio.

Where he'd taken the photo ( and many others when she wasn't looking ) she posted on Instagram.

They were both staying in the same suite, but Charles had gone out earlier that morning to do something he didn't want to specify on.

"So he was ready to drop everything to go to Florence with you..."

"Stop reading into it!" Nat yelled as she stepped out of bed and shuffled into the bathroom.

"I'll stop when you'll admit it, baby."

"Admit what?"

"That you like him."

"But I don't?" Nat sat down on the toilet as she brushed her teeth, her eyes drooping from tiredness. "Why soud I adit o somting hat ist no tru?" She asked through a mouthful of toothpaste.

"I did not understand a word that just came out of your mouth."

"Good." Nat spat out her toothpaste and brushed her hair. "Enough about me, how's uni going?"

Delia groaned. "I want to strangle my professor."

She walked back into the room and bent down to grab her bag. "What did he do now?" She grabbed a long sleeved white shirt and a black skirt, along with a pink sweater, as Delia went on a long rant about how unfair her professor was being.

"-I'm actually considering jumping off the London Bridge and writing it was his fault in my suicide note."

"Wouldn't doubt that."

Nat and Delia have been friends since they were children and it was a rather funny story about how they had met.

Nat had been riding her bike and lost control when she was going down a hill, it caused her to crash into Delia, who was so engrossed in her book that she had seen her coming.

At first, they'd both been bitter towards one another, blaming one other for what had happened. But somehow, they'd gotten over it ( after their grandparents had forced them to ) and saw that they had the same interests.

"Would you miss me? If I killed myself?"

Nat frowned and stopped what she was doing. "Delia, are you going to kill yourself?"

"Of course not! I still have a lot of partying to do!" Delia laughed and Nat heard rustling and whispering coming from the other end. "-I was just asking because I would miss you a lot if you died. Especially when you're racing."