Chapter 1

THIRD PERSON'S POV:

"Stupid Yeji!"
Yeji, our female lead groaned in annoyance while combing her hair in frustration.

"Who told you to read the next chapters of the novel! Now you're late!"
Yeji was talking to herself. She picked up her bagpack and phone in a hurry.
She started running like there is no tomorrow and finally she was in front of the university. She looked at the wrist watch and sighed as she still had time left.

Hwang Yeji, a science major in Hanyang University. No one has seen her study seriously for even one hour straight but she still manages to score the highest.

"Yeji! Here!"
Yeji heard a voice which she was familiar with, it was Lia, her best friend. She was signalling Yeji to come towards her.

Choi Lia, best friend of Yeji and the leader of Fashion club in the university. She and Books have mutual hatred for each other.

"Coming!"
Yeji said but before she could take a step forward, she bumped into someone and all her belongings were on the ground.

"Hey! Can't you see-"
Yeji stopped yelling when she saw a tall guy in front of her. She suddenly started hearing the song "Love, maybe" in the background along with bells. A huge smile replaced her angry expressions after she noticed those fox eyes.

The guy got up while dusting his clothes. Yeji motioned her hand towards him thinking that guy would help her get up but instead, he just stared at her and left. Yeji was still looking at that guy go away and disappear in the crowd. She then saw a hand offering to help her. It was a tall guy who looked too good to be true. He had a smile on his face. Yeji held his hand and got up with his help.

"Are you okay?"
He asked and Yeji nodded. Before he could say anything else Yeji started walking away.

"Bye, I've to go!"
She waved at the guy who smiled at her and then looked at his hand and left too.

Yeji was walking towards her class until she noticed something off about her novel. It wasn't hers.

"Wait! A brief History of Time?! But it isn't mine!"
Yeji said and she recalled that moment when she bumped into that guy.

"Maybe it's his! It means that I get to meet him again!"
Yeji said as she started running towards that direction where that guy went.

Lia who was noticing Yeji's activities looked at her in disbelief.

"Where the hell is she going?!"
Lia said and started walking towards the class as it was time for their first lecture.

Yeji who was searching for that guy was now disappointed as she wasn't finding that guy anywhere. She got confused when she didn't see anyone in the hallway and she looked at the wrist watch and almost screamed as she was already late to the class.

She ran towards her class as fast as she could. She was running so fast that she even ran past her class without any brakes. She ran back to her class while panting.

"May I come in Ms?"
She said after taking a long breath. Her expressions changed when she didn't see  her professor Ms. Kim there.

"Yes."
She passed a smile to Yeji.

"I'm sorry, I'm late."
Yeji apologised.

"No worries, everyone just introduced themselves, come and introduce yourself to me, I'm your new professor."
She said brightly as Yeji smiled in response too.

"I'm Hwang Yeji, nice to meet you!"
Yeji said to the professor as she signalled her to sit on the first bench.

"Go and sit with Yeonjun."
The professor said.

She smiled and her jaws dropped when she saw the same guy from earlier. There was no limit to her surprise when she saw that another guy whom she met later on the second bench smiling at her.

She happily sat beside Yeonjun who wasn't even paying attention to her.

"So as you all have introduced yourself, let me introduce myself too."
The professor said with a smile.

"My name's Rosanne Park, and I'm your English Literature Professor."
She smiled and every student had hearts in their eyes for her but Yeji had them for Yeonjun who was clueless.

Rosanne started teaching them but the bell rang after ten minutes and Yeji wondered why the lecture ended so early but then she realised that she was late.

"Hey Yeonjun!"
Yeji said but Yeonjun only glanced at her and left and Yeji looked at him in disbelief.

Everyone left as Yeji felt a slap on her shoulder. She turned around to see Lia glaring at her.

"I saw what you did there, what in the world was going through your head?!"
Lia reminded as Yeji smiled at her.

"Who's this new guy Yeonjun?"
Yeji asked her with a smile.

"He's a transfer student from Australia."
Lia said and Yeji became more intrigued about knowing him.

"He also introduced himself, what did he say?!"
Yeji asked in curiosity.

"He said that his name's Choi Yeonjun, he used to study in Australia but moved to South Korea as his family moved from Australia to South Korea. Also, people address him as "Ace" because apparently, he's good at almost everything."
Lia said and Yeji's smile grew wider.

"Don't tell me you like him!"
Lia said with her eyes widened.

"It might seem crazy what I'm 'bout to say."
Yeji sang referring to the song "Happy" and Lia only shook her head and sighed but something suddenly clicked in Yeji's mind.

"Wait! I forgot to exchange books with him!"