~ ~ ~

They sent an agent in undercover as the superintendent. He knocks on the apartment door.

"Super." He knocks again. "Super. There's a leak in the apartment above you. I need to check your ceiling."

After not getting a response, the agent gets down and opens the box. He takes the cord out and hooks everything up. He slides the part underneath the door.

"Are you getting the signal?" He asks.

"Copy." Derek says.

"No warm bodies. Looks like kitchen table, chair."

"Is that a laptop on the table?" Spencer asks.

"That could be useful." Emily says.

"Is that food? Get closer to that." Rossi says.

"Wait, go back. What's that on the floor?" Hotch asks. The agent zooms out and shows what's on the floor.

"It's his mail." Derek says.

"Yeah." Hotch runs off, everybody but Spencer following. The team and SWAT run across the street to the apartment, the undercover agents also running in when given the signal.

They storm into the apartment, lowering their guns when there's nothing.

"What happened?" Emily asks.

"He's not coming back here. He left an untouched meal." Hotch says.

"You drop your mail like this when you're startled, when you need to get out of dodge quick." Rossi says.

"Something tipped him off. He knew we were coming here." Hotch says.

"Suitcases are open, some clothes are missing." Derek says.

"There's a safe with a stash of guns in it. He didn't even bother to lock them up again." JJ says.

"If he's in a hurry, he'll make a mistake." Rossi says.

"Yeah, but when Foyet gets cornered, he starts killing." Hotch says.

"We're not gonna let that happen." Derek says.

"We need to get Garcia on this." Emily says, looking at the laptop.

+++

"He is creepy good." Penelope says.

"How good?" Spencer asks.

"He wiped his hard drive. Might have been in a hurry to leave, but whatever was on there, he did not want us to see it." Penelope says.

"Garcia, tell me that you're hacked in and that you can rebuild it." Derek pleads.

"Watch me work, darling." She replies. "Hello."

"What have you got?" Hotch asks.

"He had an internet alarm on the name Peter Rhea. It alerted him as soon as we ran a check on it." Penelope says.

"What else did he wipe?" Hotch asks. A bunch of photos rapidly appear on top of each other.

"Garcia, wait a minute. Freeze it right there." Derek says and she does so.

"Oh, my God, isn't that--" JJ asks.

"That's the U.S. Marshal assigned to my family." Hotch says, taking his phone out.

"Foyet's been watching him this whole time?" Emily asks

"Sam, it's Aaron. We found Foyet's location, but he has surveillance photos of you. Call me for a meet location or we're on our way to you." Hotch leaves him a message.