Prequel

Bleep. Bleep. Bleep. 

Migraine-inducing lights. The beep of a heart monitor. The sting of antiseptic in your nostrils.

You open your eyes, fogged with surgical tape and perspiration. You lurch from the foam bedding and find your arms encircled in padded straps and an IV attached to your left forearm. You feel your stomach curl into a fist and slam at the base of your throat. 

No.

You hear your heart thumping in your ears. Around you, the walls cave in like a fishbowl. Like a bowling ball, you swing your head down at your hospital gown, at the surgical tools piled on the table at your right, up at the fluorescent lights, at your balled fists wrenching against the belted straps. A sob erupts from your chest. 

No. No. No. No.

BZZT-BZZT-BZZT. 

You feel around at your mouth in confusion as your sobs mutate into the unmistakable sound of an alarm clock. Which means your hands aren't restricted anymore, and you're probably reliving that nightmare again. You swipe at the tears sizzling at your cheeks and will your eyes open in the real world.

Time to begin another day, Aram.

Except it's not just another day. You wake to the thrum of helicopter rotors with your neck bent at an irregular angle, your cheek squished against the cool glass of a window. 

That's right. You escaped the inferno of your nightmare... and landed right into another one. 

In fact, some might even call it The Hottest Inferno in the World™.

Welcome to Singles Inferno, Aram Shin. The romance of your life awaits.