Chapter 5: Sweet serenity

Start from the beginning

"They were the first ones to get affected, so we need to go to their residence and question them. That way we can at least block it off and prevent from anyone else getting affected." SMG3 elucidated.  

"Sounds like a plan." I smiled and we headed off to the dead memes' house in complete silence, other than the sounds of leaves crunching under every step we took, the winds moaning, and the sounds of our own breathing. 

And it stayed like that until we were at the doorstep of the dead memes' house. 
It was a small brick house, almost a shack really, only one floor, and it was almost the size of my own room but still smaller. There was a singular window built on either side of the smaller than average sized blue door. 

SMG3 got out his notebook and pencil, then rang the doorbell. We were met by a moment of silence before the door creaked open to show an Ugandan knuckles. Not long after were we both seated to a very small green couch. We were so close in proximity that our shoulders, elbows, and knees were inseparable. 

The knuckles seated themselves on a red armchair that they both fit comfortably on. Makes sense due to the fact of how small they are.

I left all the talking, questions, and investigating to SMG3, considering the fact I couldn't understand a single thing that came out of the small creatures mouths. 

Despite being up and about and having about a cup or two of caffeine (Since the cup I was given was larger than a normal sized coffee cup.) my eyes were still strained from just being open. I felt myself relaxing more against SMG3 as I felt SMG3 getting less tense and uptight. 

He was already a warm person and that didn't help my fatigue. Every time I slowly blinked I was getting dangerously closer to falling asleep on the spot. I was so drained and focused on staying awake I couldn't even tell what was going on around me anymore. It was all a blur, I didn't hear any of it. 

Eventually however I considered maybe closing my eyes just for a moment would be okay to stop the straining in my eyes. 

SMG3's POV: 

     I began asking the two memes about how the "Fanfiction" between them started and they answered all of my questions without hesitation or a single problem. They were very easy to work with. 
Me doing all the talking also helped taking my mind off how close me and SMG4's bodies were squished together. After a little while I felt SMG4 relax a little more and lean ever so slightly against my arm and shoulder. 

When I asked my last question I felt SMG4 shift around from his position of sitting up, change to his head resting on my shoulder and his shoulder pressed against my own arm while he bent his legs. He was now laying at an angle. 

I looked down about to question him, but my words got caught in my throat and I refused to speak. I almost forgot how to breathe. 

Am I sick?

SMG4 was fast asleep breathing slowly and shallow. The entire appearance of SMG4 like this was enough to make my heart hammer against my chest and my face to heat up. 

However I soon collected myself and turned my attention back to the memes to hear their conclusion to my last question. After they answered they allowed us to stay a little longer so SMG4 could sleep just a bit more, then they left the room. 

I was almost afraid to look at him again. His presence at the moment was enough to put me in a trance, and I could already hear my heart thumping in my head loudly. So I distracted myself by pulling out the small notebook and looked at my notes from this meeting. 

It seems as though they got affected by some strange, small body of water near the showgrounds with crystal clear water. I've never seen a small body of water anywhere near the showgrounds. 

I groaned and stared at the floor with frustration, but that frustration was soon replaced with shock as I felt someone's hand pressed against my own. I dared to look down and, SMG4 had his hand around mine as he slept, unaware of what he was even doing. 

I didn't even know what to do at this point. I felt my face heat up even more and my heart flutter in my chest. I ended up intertwining our fingers automatically without thought out of pure panic and that one movement alone made my heart tighten and relax from the affection.
Was I really this touch starved?

He wasn't lying when he said he was tired and exhausted from last night. He looked so weary and worn out. I know his sleep schedule is already shit so last night was no help. 
I studied his face a little more making mental notes of the noticeable dark circles under his eyes that you could only see if you were as close to him as I was. He looked so peaceful as he slept, so carefree. 

God what am I even doing. That's gay. I sighed and relaxed against Four in a more comfortable position and let my meme guardian counterpart sleep for just a little while longer.