Chapter 3: Assigned duties

I stared at the list. Then the string. Then at Three. We were in a Fanfiction. 

Damnit

But that must mean, if I touched the pond water and dragged Three and I into this dumb Fanfiction, then the same must've happened to the dead memes. 

SMG3 is going to be so mad at me when he finds out that I caused us to be in a Fanfiction. 

"Wait, so then how did they even get stuck with these stupid tropes in the first place?" SMG3 asked probably asking himself. 

"The pond..." I whispered to myself. 

"Pond? What pond?" SMG3 asked. I slowly turned my head at him with wide eyes and opened my mouth to speak. 

"Why don't we just figure out how to make these stop and help the dead memes first." I said nervously. 

"Alright." He sighed. While I continued looking for a cure I did glance at SMG3 a few times and the string tied to us. 

"What if..." SMG3 started and took a moment before continuing. I looked at him and tilted my head.
"What if, we get the memes to... "fulfill" their Fanfiction trope. We get the memes to the "end" and they'll be back to normal?" SMG3 asked. I thought for a moment and started catching on. 

"Yeah, yeah that could work. Now we just need to gather the memes somewhere to "fulfill" their Fanfiction." I said nodding. 

"Why don't we use your castle?" SMG3 offered. 

"Wha-Why?!" I asked cringing at the idea of a bunch of dead memes in my castle.

"Where else are we gonna keep 'em?" My coffee shop/evil lair is too small for them so where else do you expect to keep them all day and night? Besides it's not like there's hundreds of them." He explained. 

I closed my eyes and pulled on my face in annoyance. 

"Fiine." I groaned and looked at him. He had a smirk. Obviously this amused his a lot. 

"Okay but we're gonna have to find them all soon." I said and closed the laptop. 

"Okay then let's go!" SMG3 exclaimed and jumped off the bed. 

"Now?" I asked. 

"No next week. Yes now!" SMG3 yelled sarcastically and walked over to the elevator. "The sooner the better!" SMG3 said and waited for me to hurry up. 
I hopped out of the bed but halted halfway to the elevator. 

"What about the kids?" I asked. 

"They'll be fiiiine. What could one boy and one Eggdog possible do?" He asked. My mind went straight to when Eggdog & Beeg somehow got themselves and us in an ice cream cop chase. 

"Yeah you're right." I shrugged and followed him in the elevator and outside his coffee shop. 

So this man is meant to be my soulmate? I'm honestly not that surprised, especially with my already slight crush on him. He's a very likeable guy. 

"Okay so how are we going to find them all by the end of the day?" I asked. 

"You say that like there's soooo many." SMG3 said dramatically. 

"Well how many are there?"

"34. Anyway I wrote down all their addresses so we can go to their houses and get them." SMG3 answered. 

"Okay, who should we get to keep watch of them at the castle while we're out?" I asked. SMG3 actually stopped walking and thought. 

"We need someone trustworthy and responsible." SMG3 said. 

"Someone we've known for years. Someone like... 

"ME!" Mario yelled behind us causing Three and I to jump. 

"Wha- Mario? No! Absolutely not! I forbid it!" SMG3 quickly declined. 

"But why?" Mario asked sadly. 

"Because you are definitely not trustworthy or responsible!" SMG3 retorted. 

"But you've known me for years! C'mon, please!" Mario begged on his knees with his hands together.  

"Knowing you for years doesn't have anything to do with you watching 34 dead memes responsibly." SMG3 said with his arms crossed. 

"I can be trustworthy and responsible! C'mon give me a chance!" Mario continued pleading. 
SMG3 looked at me unamused for help. 

"Uhh, I don't know Mario. Are you sure you know what you're signing yourself up for?" I asked. 

"Yeah! Now let me help!" Mario pleaded. "Mario did a good job guarding Casino Paisano for Marty!" 

"You let me and SMG4 by because you thought he was a scary clown when we knocked off his actually clown mask." SMG3 pointed out. 

"That was an accident! Besides that clown was scary!" Mario explained. I looked at SMG3 who sighed heavily while pinching the bridge of his nose. 

"FINE Mario! Only if you absolutely PROMISE to do this right. Don't screw up or get in our way or else you will NOT help us anymore. Got it?" SMG3 huffed. Mario's eyes lit up and he jumped to hug SMG3 tightly. 

"Thank you SMG3! Mario won't let ya down!" Mario thanked while hugging SMG3 tightly. 

"Lemme go fatass." SMG3 said through gritted teeth. Mario let SMG3 down and smiled. 

"Mario probably would not have stopped asking if you didn't let me help." Mario said proud with his hands on his hips. 

"Yeah I know." SMG3 grumbled. "Now go in the castle and be prepared to watch 34 dead memes." SMG3 ordered as he dusted himself off. 

"Yes boss!" Mario saluted as he ran to the castle.