Chapter • 4

"What is love? Baby don't hurt me"
What is love by haddaway

A/n: if you know you know

Today is the day of callbacks. I'm still not sure how this works. I have to be there in 1hr and 30 minutes so I'll start getting ready. I've been told to prepare a few lines so I choose some from chapter four. I think I'm pretty much ready, I just need to practice the lines. I go in front of my mirror and try to be Annabeth. She's quite like me in a way. She's certainly not shy or doubtful like me but she views the world as I do. As time passes I get even more nervous. I can't quit. Can I? No. I have to do this. I run down the stairs and my mum drives me to the location. I see 10-15 girls waiting to go in. Most of them look confident and professional. I step out and wave to my mum. She wishes me good luck and drives away. I stand there for a few moments taking in the building. The architecture is pretty amazing, tall pillars and extraordinary patterns on the walls. I walk over to the line of girls and wait. 15 minutes passes before they take everyone in to a waiting room. The give us numbers on our hands. I'm number eight. The first girl goes in, I try to peek into the room to look at the setup. There is a camera sat between the directors. I spot a familiar face, Rick Riordan. Nerves start racing in my stomach. This is Rick Riordan, author of Percy Jackson. I wait 2 more minutes until another girl goes in. One by one each girl goes in. My name is finally called and I walk into the room 3 people who I am assuming are directors and Rick Riordan sit at the front. I stand on an x in the middle of the room. "Y/n y/l/n correct?" The director to the left asks "yes." I say nervously. "Y/n , could you please read out 2-3 lines for us? You will be filmed so we can review your audition later on." He says. I start my lines and act as good as I can. I feel good- better than I thought I would at least. I finally finish and they all jot down notes. "Y/n, could you please tell us about yourself?" Rick says. "Well.. I'm from __, I have loved the the series since I first read them in year four..." I answer. "I'm 13 years old and my favourite book is definitely the first book." I say. Rick nods and smiles. "Do you have any acting experience as a main??" Director one asks. I stutter and say "no." He writes that down. Oh god, I'm done for.They chat amongst themselves and then Rick steps forward and hands me a price of paper. "Could you read and act this for us?" He asks. "Sure" I say confused. I thought it was just your own lines? I read it out with no mistakes. The directors begin writing again, this time they write more. "Thank you y/n, you can exit using the door to your right now." Director two says. I collect my stuff and hand back the sheet of paper. "Thank you" I say.

The door leads to a white marble room that smells of antiseptic. All the girls that went in before me stand there waiting. A girl with long brown braided hair and dark porcelain skin comes up to me. "Hey, I'm Leah" she says smiling cheerfully. "Y/n" I say shaking her hand. "You were in there for longer than any of us- they definitely liked you" she says. I smile. Was I really in there that long? It felt like two seconds. Fingers crossed the did like me. "What did they ask you?" She says. "They gave me some extra lines and asked about me" I say "that's really it." I add. "Oooo, I'm rooting for you!" She giggles. Me and Leah keep talking until everyone has auditioned. She is really nice actually. She's been in two films before, beast and something from Tiffany's. We exchanged number before we get interrupted by another producer. He thanks us for coming and we are let out. I wave goodbye to Leah and try to find my mum. She's parked in a bus stop. Typical mum. I get in quickly before any busses needs to stop. "How was it y/n?" She asks "I couldn't tell you much but I did stay in there longer than anyone else." I tell her. She smiles and we drive home. I text momo all about and then drift to sleep.

A/n: another short chapter haha. I didn't know how to continue this chapter so I might do another chapter or rewrite some past chapters. Hephaestus gotta send me his playlist rn. I don't have any good music to play while I write😢

Word count: 845