A Fatal Flag as Soon as it Starts (4)

Start from the beginning

Anastasia's family was decidedly ordinary, unlike other aristocratic families that placed a high value on their public image.

It was such a pity that the original Anastasia maintained a consistently cold attitude.

I wanted to lessen my family's lingering regrets, even if only by a little, and it was my first time receiving such affection, so I made an effort to act as friendly as possible.

I carefully opened the envelope and unfolded the letter.

The content was relatively short.

[To my rival-like younger sister who is the prettiest and cutest in the world,

I have been hearing news of you through the butler. You must be in a lot of pain, but thank you for enduring it well.

I'm in northern Martinez now. Father and Mother went to the west and we decided to meet up after 15 days. I promise to return with good news.

P.S. I know that Lord Magnus is a person of impeccable character, but isn't he sticking to you too much?]

I was surprised that Adele was mentioned in the postscript.

Suddenly, the voice I heard in my dream came to mind.

"Anastasia, shall we kiss?"

Wait a minute, why am I feeling irritated like this?!

He is unaffected no matter what I do. Why is it just me?

It was totally unfair to just let it pass. It's like I have an unrequited crush on Adele. Even though that's completely wrong!

I just think Adele is handsome! His inflexible and stiff personality is a bit stifling and can be extremely frustrating, but I also can't help but think of him as cute...

That's why I want to tease him more...

"Why is your expression like that, miss?"

Irina gave me a very concerned look. I decided to take revenge on Adele for a second time.

For some reason it seemed completely unfair. I felt like I had become a bad person who covets someone else's man. I mean, let's not get ahead of ourselves here!

"Irina, can you put some makeup on me?"

My maid opened her eyes wide.

"You already have such heavenly beauty, is it necessary?"

You really know your stuff.

"I'm only asking for a little."

I smiled gently at Irina. Irina fell for my smile and began to decorate me, starting, as usual, by grooming my eyebrows.

The process of curling my eyelashes and painting my lips took longer than I expected.

While Irina was doing my makeup, Marin gathered my hair to the side and secured it with a large hair ornament that looked like a seashell.

My hair is extremely wavy, so Marine finished styling it in no time.

I put on a fluttery indoor dress and waited for Adele. It was a perfect outfit to enjoy tea time in.

Although the orange chiffon dress did not have any pattern or decoration on it, every time I moved, ruches formed that looked like flower petals.

Adele visited at the same time as yesterday. I called Adele to the terrace.

"Welcome, Adele."

For a moment he stood in front of the terrace, stuck like a fixture, but then he greeted me with a smile that was refreshing like a small bit of shade from a cloud on a sweltering July day.