Ch.TwentyFive

Brooke knew how things had been since she and Nick had been away for the weekend. They had spent time together. And Brooke knew they'd had sex again.

Brooke didn't know what it meant for them now. But she somehow needed to make it work. She knew they were having a baby together. And she couldn't wait.

But she also had no idea what it meant for her and Nick now they'd had sex. She didn't know if they had something. Or if it was just a random thing that happened.

She needed to know what was going on. Especially as she was so confused and she hated being confused. It didn't help that her mum was always on at her for everything.

She knew that things were tense and hard at the moment. She just needed answers about what was going on with her and Nick. Especially knowing they were having a baby together.

Esmè had been her rock. She had been with her to her appointments. And she knew she couldn't have done it without her knowing how Carla had work. And she was constantly busy.

All Brooke knew was that things were going to change. And she had no idea how to deal with it all. She just needed it to be okay and to be simple.

When she woke that morning, she walked into the living room. Esmè was there with Isla. She smiled to her. "Hi. Where's mum?" She asked.

"She's at the factory. Need to talk to you," Esmè said as she looked to her.

Brooke nodded. "Okay?"

"You went away with Nick didn't you? I won't tell mum. But don't lie to me," Esmè said as she handed Isla her toast.

Brooke frowned. "How did you find out?"

Esmè sighed. She looked to her. "Isla found a receipt in your bag. She gave it to mum. But I covered and said it was mine. You need to be careful," she told her.

Brooke nodded and sighed. "It was me. I just... I don't know. I feel like there's something there between us. I don't know what's going on there. But there's something."

Esmè sighed and smiled. "I'm not going to judge you. But you need to be careful. I don't want anything happening to you," she told her.

"I'll be fine I think."

***
Brooke was sitting in Roy's. She looked to her mum as she walked in. Carla sat down and smiled. "You okay love?" She asked.

Brooke nodded. "Yeah. Just fancied a bacon sandwich. So here I am," she told her.

"You know you can talk to me. About anything," Carla said. She knew her daughter. And she knew that she was keeping something from her.

"I know. I'm okay. You don't need to worry about me," Brooke said.

***
Brooke walked through the street. She saw Nick who smiled. "Hey. Are you okay?" He asked.

Brooke nodded. "Yeah. Listen, what did that mean to you? I mean when we had sex," she said.

Nick took her hand and smiled. "well I know it meant a lot to me. I like you Brooke. You're having my baby. And I think there's something there between us. I'm up for seeing how it goes," he told her.

Brooke smiled. Their lips met in a small kiss. Unaware of how Carla had seen and she was fuming. Knowing she wasn't going to let Nick mess with Brooke's head.