Chapter Two.

I pulled into my driveway and hopped out, the three of us rushing into my house. I couldn't think straight at all. What the fuck had just happened?! I pulled my phone out and called my mom, busy. So I called again. Busy. I went to call again but Luke put his hand on my shoulder.

"Your moms going to be busy, they need her during this." He said calmly and I nodded and sat at the table as I turned on the tv to the news channel, a woman around late 30's came onto the tv and started talking.

"Good afternoon residents of Cherno and surrounding area, my name is is Jessica and I'm here to report on the ongoing outbreak." She said and I grabbed the remote and turned the tv up as Abby and Luke joined me to watch it, "We have news that there will be three main refugee parts in Cherno for anyone who needs a safe place until this is under control, first one will be located at the small military outpost in the center by the boat yards, second will be the hospital, and the third will be Balotas airfield on the outskirts of town." I looked over at Luke and Abby as Abby's phone starts to go off.

"Shit it's my mom." Abby says as she answers the phone and goes into the kitchen

"I should call my mom." Luke says and I nod and he calls her quickly, causing me to zone out almost completely and think about what's happening, before I could continue to think I'm snapped out of my thoughts quickly by Abby grabbing my arm.

I look up and see her staring at me, "What's up Abbs?" I ask

"I'm gonna head home, my mom wants me." I nod and pull her into a huge hug

"Be safe please." I whisper into her ear then let her go and she nods, she then hugs Luke and grabs her bag leaving the house, I look at Luke and wait to hear what he has to say.

"My moms also backed up at work." Luke says and I nod

"Well let me pack and then I'll drive you to your place and you can pack then we can go to the hospital." I say and he nods, I head up the stairs and grab my bigger backpack from the closet and walk into my room.

I go into my dresser and grab two short sleeve shirts and two long sleeves. I then grab a sweater and two pairs of yoga pants and my leggings just in case I need to double up pants. I then grab my hair brush, gum, tooth brush and tooth paste, and hair elastics. I grab three pairs of socks, a change of panties and my sports bra. I fill my bag and head down the stairs, grabbing my sneakers and putting them on.

"Ready Luke?" I ask as he approaches and nods

"Let's go, we should hit the gas station on the way if it isn't to busy." Luke says and I agree with him, we get in my car and back out of the driveway.

We drive 7 minutes and arrive at the gas station, only three other cars so I pull in and shut the car off.

"You still got that jerry can in the trunk?" Luke asks and I think

"Shit yeah I should!" I say and pop the trunk, Luke grabs it and walks to the gas pump next to me, filling the jerry can as I filled my car.

After we pay we get back in the car and finish the drive to Luke's house, I pull in the driveway and he turns to me.

"I'll be back, give me ten minutes." Luke says and he hops out running into his place

I sigh and look at my phone, then my mom starts calling, I quickly answer.

"Mom?!" I say quickly as I hear her sigh of relief on the other side of the phone

"Angel, I am so glad you are okay." She says, "Where are you? Please tell me you're safe." She asks as I hear a lot of noise on her end of the phone