Chapter 1 T̶h̶e̶ ̶H̶e̶r̶o̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶P̶r̶i̶n̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ The Beginning

Start from the beginning

It was in that game. He tried to focus and remember what the game was called. 

'It was something princess. Lay princess. Slay princess.  Slay the princess. Yes, that was it. Slay the princess.' His thoughts were finally moving.

While he was doing that "his" body kept moving until it made its way out of the woods and saw a cabin on top of a hill under a night sky. Besides the cabin there was nothing else besides the woods surrounding the hill.

"His" body stops just beside the last trees on the path as you hear a voice.

The Narrator

"You make your way up the short path to the cabin. You'll find the Princess within.

A warning, before you go any further...

She will lie, she will cheat, and she will do everything in her power to stop you from slaying her. Don't believe a word she says."

Voice of the Hero

"We're not going to go through with this, right? She's a princess. We're supposed to save princesses, not slay them."

They tried and speak yet no words come out of "their" mouth or beak or whatever it has.

He then tried to speak with his thoughts and focused on speaking to them out loud.

Voice of the Unknown

 "Hello?"

It worked.

Voice of the Hero

"...Hello?"

The Narrator

"Hold on. That's not right. You're not... This place is supposed to-. HOW did you get here?"

Voice of the Unknown

"I am not sure. One moment I was on an unending path leading to who knows where and the next... I was here."

The Narrator
"An unending path?..." There was a pause.

"Well.. as long as you don't do anything to disrupt their task... you can stay."

It seemed the Narrator didn't mind as long as this entity didn't stop the long quiet from killing the shifting mound it would be fine if he stuck around. Although the echo was curious on how an entity managed to come here and enter the body of the Long Quiet. This entity didn't seem to disrupt the construct. It just seemed to exist, but it wasn't an echo like it was. But it couldn't be living otherwise the construct wouldn't work.

Voice of the Hero

"Hold on. What did you mean from earlier about this place?"

The Narrator

"Nothing you need to know about."

Voice of the Hero

"I don't know. I think it seems at least little important to know more about the place we are in."