"Who are these people?"

"They're people who want me dead. So, I suggest you be fucking careful. These ones are different from the first batch." He said, out of breath.

I was also gasping for air, probably because of the anxiety that was building up in me. I haven't been awake for three days and I'm already on the verge of death. Just amazing!

"We can't kill them, Five. We're not in the right shape."

"I agree. Just try to get out of here without dying."He said as he looked next to him for anything he could use as a weapon.

"Okay. I-I'll try." answered back as I got up.

"Hey!" He said sternly grabbing my wrist and pulling me towards him. Our faces were just inches apart and I could feel my cheeks turn a bright red.

"I'm serious. Be careful." He said, staring straight into my brown eyes. I looked at his green orbs and could see the anxiety in his eyes.

"I will. I promise." I answered as I placed my hand on his cheek, trying to comfort him.

My heart was racing but not because of what was going on. " Don't die?" I asked him with a slight chuckle.

"Don't die." He answered, his lips forming a small smile.

I remember that we would always tell each other that before every mission when we were little kids. It always made me calm down when I was nervous. I hoped it could help him as it used to do back then.

I turned to look at the deranged agents who were hunting us down. I looked back at Five, who was doing the same thing.

He turned back and faced me, still out of breath. I gave him a slight nod, which he gave back. I then rolled to the other aisle and hid behind one of the shelves.

"I found 'em!" I heard one of them yell. Gunfire then surrounded me, as the assassin tried firing at me. I looked to my right, trying to see if Five was there. Luckily, the bastard jumped to the other side of the store.

"I hear the other one!" Yelled a different voice, I assume to their partner.

"You start over there. I'll go to the other end. Meet in the middle. Shoot anything that moves!" The first one instructed, almost sounding female.

That's when I saw a flashlight flash towards my direction.

"Shoot!"I muttered under my breath. I sat there, silent and still, trying to control my heavy breathing as my body tensed up.

"Mhh. Elastic wrist splint? Yes!" One of the assassins said as he stopped at one of the shelves near him.

I looked beside me and saw nothing but cutlery.

"Great."I sighed in disappointment.

I picked up a couple and moved towards the man. I used my telekinesis and threw them all at the back of his thighs.

"Ah!" He yelled in pain.

Unfortunately for me, he had his finger on the trigger and he started violently shooting towards my direction.

"Fuck!" I yelled as I ran through the gunfire trying to find somewhere I could hide. I could feel something graze through my lower thigh, on the left side. I assumed the sting and focused on finding Five and getting the fuck out of there with my life still intact.

I jumped to one of the shelves that was near the exit and lucky enough, I had lost the assassin. I caught my breath and looked down to my thigh where there was a familiar sting.

My eyes landed on my uniform stained with blood. I lifted my skirt and revealed a gruesome gunshot wound.

"Fucking hell!" I muttered, out of breath and laying my head back on the shelf. That's when I heard the whooshing sound appear next to me. I hastily pulled my skirt down in hopes of hiding the wound and looked at Five, who had a big greenish bag on his shoulder and looked just as petrified as I did.

"Are you okay?"I asked him. He looked at me, his hair all over his face.

I nodded and asked me the same thing. I simply nodded as I heavily breathed.

"Can you try to get us out of here?"I asked, my voice getting high-pitched.

He pulled out his hands and started to generate his powers. Instead, they just powered down, leaving us scared and hopeless.

" I'm out of juice." He muttered.

"Got them!" One of the assassins said as they both pointed their guns at us.

That's when we were interrupted by the sounds of police sirens blaring from outside. The two assassins looked outside, pointing their guns in the same direction as well. That gave us enough time to run and get behind one of the nearby counters for safety.

I slowly exhaled as my hands clutched into the edge of my skirt. I looked at Five who was laying his head on the counter.

<-->

(A/N: Queue a sad song!)

"Are...you...okay?" I asked, my breathing slowing down. My eyes started feeling heavy and I started fluttering my eyes as I gazed upon the boy next to me.

"Char? Are you okay?" Five asked as he grabbed both of my shoulders.

"I'm .... Fine--" I muttered slowly as I placed my hand on his shoulder. I could feel my energy slowly fade away.

I looked at Five and he noticed my bloody hand.

"Charmaine! What happened?" he asked worriedly as he examined my body trying to find the wound.

I chucked as I slowly gave into the darkness that was overwhelming me.

" No... No!Charmaine!" He yelled out as his voice broke.

"I'm sorry..."I slowly mumbled as he applied pressure on my located gunshot wound.

That's when everything became blurry and Five's voice became slowly distorted, then...

Everything went pitch black.

A/N:

Yeah, so that's the new chapter. I'm sorry for Charmaine. The second time, damn.

By the way for that whole scene, I was listening to Champagne Problems (Taylor Swift) so I would highly recommend reading it with the song, mainly the instrumentals but, whatever you like is fine.
Anyway, good luck with what you are planning on achieving in life 🤍

XO, Katelyn<3