Although I didn’t mention the triplets yet because I couldn’t trust him to tell him about them, Or maybe I should. Since he also hates them, I assume he might just kill me off.

By the way, I know that I am not supposed to talk, but I don’t care. I just don’t care, but at the same time, I do. I know I’d regret it, and still, I am unworried.

“You are indeed innocent, girl.” He speaks as his fingers trail the side of my head. From my cheek up to my ear, where he picks a few strands of my hair and feels its tenderness in his palm.

“It will be such a waste to waste you, but that’s my mission here, anyway.”

My eyes pop at that statement.

“What? You’re killing me?”

Why does that make me happy?

“Are you elated?”

I shrug.

“So naive,” he says, looking away, and before my brain can decipher it, he’s captured my neck and banged my head behind a wall.

Fuck!

My ears pick up on the banging. I squirm out of pain, but he’s also got my hands clasped by his free one while one hooks me against the wall.

“You are a witch. Do you have any idea what I do to them?”

This was a trick all this time?

My best assumption is that he wasn’t at the ballroom because he was looking for me.

“Leave me...”

“Pathetic. You want death. Did you think it would come easily?”

“Think of this. You’re sitting in an iron chair, tied to it with rope; there’s a concentrated acidic solution filling up half the length of the chair to the point where you lift your legs in the air in a never-ending, unrelentingly position, or you’d be burned. Can you keep it up for all the days you’d spend in there before you die?” He smirks.

“Oh, that is not all. The iron is a machine that gets hot for ten minutes, enough to melt a skin. At first, it melts your clothes into your skin. Then, it cools off. In the next ten minutes, it melts your already-burnt skin again. You continue to scream...and scream...and scream...until maybe three days later, in the growing pain until you die. Before then, though, you’d already be boiled meat. And after death, my dogs would have you as their meal.”

He whispers it all into my ears as I whimper. He’s so cruel. Oh, my God. He’s very cruel. He’s a barbarian. I never imagined a person with feelings could ever think of such a punishment.

He cannot do this to me. As a witch, I must be returned to the earth.

“Please...”

“That’s all the others said too. I thought you’d be different. Anyway, it doesn’t...” He halts in his words when I kick him in the balls.

Wait, damn, this man has a big dick! I fucking felt it. It’s like a rod he’s got under his pants.

Running to the door for an escape, I come into contact with two hunky men who grab me by each shoulder and turn me to face Alpha sadistic.

He smacks my face, which causes the skin to tear and my blood to slide down my own cheek.

Then, seeing as he licks my blood in his palm, I wanted to retch out my stomach at his face.

This is so not happening.

I hate this alcohol. I know I’m in danger, yet I don’t feel as tensed as my normal senses would.

Regardless, I don’t know what it means to be tortured like the way he said before I am allowed to die.

“What are you doing?” I scream as he leads me outside.

There’s probably a shortcut that they carry me past because I find myself outside after paying attention to my surroundings. Or maybe it’s still the alcohol, because I still cannot see well.

Not long after, I am thrown into his carriage, and with a whiplash in the air, the horses whine into the air, wheeling the tyres instantly at a wild speed against the asphalt ground.

Batting my eyes with tears dropping and my lips parted, I see Kade showing up out of nowhere, having stopped the carriage with his bare hands.

Just him!

Is that supposed to be possible?

Well, if I am a witch with my powers activated, perhaps I can do that too.

“Bring her out now, Alaric. She is mine. She is ours. We decide whatever happens to her!” Finishing his words, I yell sharply at the next event.

It is Kieran who hurls an axe at the hinges of the compartment door, right at the side where Alpha sadistic is.

Placing undivided attention on aforementioned Alpha, from the corners of my lids, I could see him burning up. Out of the blue, he kicks on the door, yanking it off of its hinges.

Then he walks out with his hands behind him.

“This is the latest model, one of its kind. The metal was shipped across the oceans, far away from here, just so such a fancy locomotive gadget could be made. Now, it is damaged. After I beat all three of you, I’ll write you the contact of my seller. You’d buy me another.”

That’s all he says before he runs forward, aiming for Kieran. The way he runs, it seems almost impossible. I do not think anyone can be that fast.

Except he didn’t expect Kyle to show up out of nowhere, slamming him instead into the ground with his feet.

“Ouch. That hurts, does it not?”

“One against three is not fair.” Alpha sadistic speaks with a dark grin.

Fuck. They are going to kill each other.