"Why not just clear it up then?" Hyein urged, giving me a pointed look.

"Because I couldn't care less about rumors, and honestly, who would willingly date Kim Y/n?" I scoffed under my breath, gesturing towards myself as they jokingly pointed back at me.

"Bitches," I mumbled as I finished my ice cream.

After parting ways with them, I strolled back home. Amid my walk, I heard a familiar voice calling my name – Woonhak.

Taking a deep breath, I turned to find him jogging towards me. "Hey," I greeted casually as he caught up, motioning for us to continue walking.

"Hi, how's life treating you?" Woonhak asked, falling into step beside me.

"Surviving," I replied with a casual glance around.

"And what's the deal with you and Y/n? You guys look like you're on good terms," he remarked with a grin. I rolled my eyes.

"Just ask Y/n–no, no need. We're fine, thank you," I replied, maintaining a poker face.

He chuckled, "Great to hear. By the way, where's Y/n? Couldn't find them at home, and they're not responding to my messages."

Why does this guy always inquire about Y/n?

"Y/n?...They caught up with... our wedding plans... Haha...''...'' gotta run now... See you!" I said, turning away and leaving Woonhak behind, scratching his head in confusion.

- Your Pov -

-

-

-

"Hello, Aunty Kang, I hope you're doing well. My mom ran out of sugar, and she was wondering if we could borrow some," I said with a smile, glancing at Mrs. Kang, who was holding a slipper.

"Uh, Y/n, sure, come inside, haha!" she replied, gesturing for me to follow her. Even after we entered, she held onto the slipper, leaving me intrigued.

"Come on in! Haha, I was just giving my daughter a little playful punishment," she shared with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Punishment?" I questioned, half-amused, as we headed into the living room, where a familiar figure caught my eye.

There stood Kang Haerin, hands cupping her ears in an amusing display of reprimand.

I couldn't help but stifle a laugh.

"What brings you here?!" Haerin exclaimed upon noticing me, prompting my laughter to subside.

"Oh, I just dropped by to see... Aunty Kang, haha," I responded, knowing it would get an eye roll from Haerin.

"But why are you in this peculiar stance too? Is this part of the punishment Aunty Kang mentioned?" I teased, earning another eye roll from Haerin and a renewed burst of laughter from me.

Suddenly, Mrs. Kang joined us.

"Here you go, Y/n," she said, handing me the sugar jar. "Thanks, Aunty! By the way, why is Haerin in this position?" I inquired, glancing at Haerin, still holding her ears.

Mrs. Kang chuckled, "She's receiving a little punishment for failing her chemistry test again! How about you do stand up and down 100 times, Haerin?" she suggested, prompting Haerin to reluctantly start the exercise.

Suppressing my laughter, I remarked, "Impressive! This pussy cat is truly becoming the epitome of laziness," drawing a nod of agreement from Mrs. Kang.

"Well, I should get going! Goodbye, Aunty Kang!" I bid my farewell with a bow. Haerin ceased her exercises and turned to her mother.

"Hey, why did you stop!?" Mrs. Kang scolded Haerin, who responded with a smirk and a glance in my direction.

"Mom, how about arranging a tutor for me? I promise I'll perform better next time," she suggested.

"But how will we find a tutor on such short notice?" Mrs. Kang inquired.

"Haha, how about Y/n becomes my tutor? They're an excellent student! A top student!" Haerin proposed, causing my eyes to widen.

"What in the... this cat!" I thought.

"Y/n?" Mrs. Kang turned to me. "Would you mind tutoring my daughter? Midterms are just around the corner," she requested. Considering the proposition, I glanced at Haerin, who wore a sly smirk.

"Uh... okay."

( To be continued... )