"Do you think he'll be fine?" Luke suddenly asked, with his usual blank expression. But, there was also a.. slight sound of worry in his voice..?

"I'm sure he'll be alright," I answered, pulling a few snacks from home out of my bag. "They're both Flying types, so it's a pretty even matchup. And remember, Echo's stronger now. He's got a decent moveset of: Tackle, Supersonic, Bite, and Acrobatics. He'll figure out what to do, just like we taught him."

"Hm, I guess we'll just see," was all that Luke responded with.

"Heya, you two!" a cheerful, and familiar voice called.

I turned and saw Star walking towards us, with Angel and Flora trailing behind her. I felt an awkward grin appear on my face, and my heartbeat sped up a bit. This seemed to always happen whenever I saw Star... I truly didn't know what was wrong with me.

"Oh, hey, Star, Flora, Angel. You guys here to watch Echo battle, too?" I asked, as I sheepishly bit into one of my snacks.

"Of course! We weren't gonna miss out on the chance to cheer him on, no sir!" Star replied, giving her usual bright smile. She then eyed what I was eating, and her eyes dazzled. "Oooh, are those Pokepuffs? Can I have one, please?"

"You guys, I think he's about to start!" Flora pointed out, and we all turned to watch.

The moment I laid my eyes back onto Echo, he had nodded towards Cinder, who in turn nodded silently back. After that, they both immediately charged at each other head-on, flying quickly. Echo went for a Tackle, while Cinder's body enveloped in flames, and the two would clash. The two would struggle, trying for a bit to gain the advantage over each other, before backing off. Cinder would be moving quicker though, thanks to his Flame Charge, and Echo would send out a Supersonic. With his increased speed, Cinder narrowly dodged the range of the attack, and fly up into the air.

Echo would look up with widened eyes, seemingly wondering what Cinder was planning, and chased him down, going for a Bite. But, it was a bait, as Cinder immediately swooped back down and around his Bite, and grabbing Echo with his talons. He would dive back down towards the ground at an alarming speed, and when he got close, he veered up, and threw Echo down into the ground. The Sky Drop seemed to be pretty potent, as it took a minute for Echo to get back up, which worried us. Cinder couldn't possibly be that much stronger than him, could he..? But, as usual, any worrying was interrupted, as Star began yipping and cheering Echo on.

"You got this Echo, don't give up! You've worked so hard, and now you've gotta show 'em what you're made of! Go, Echo, go!"

I glanced at Star, and couldn't help but grin. And well, before I knew it, we were all cheering Echo on. Even Luke was demanding that he keep going and to not let him down. Very in character of him. It seemed to all do the trick, though, and Echo seemed even more invigorated than before. It all felt pretty over exaggerated and cheesy to me, but it still felt.. good, to cheer a friend on and see them keep pushing towards a goal.

Echo flew towards Cinder, picking up speed by the second. Cinder noticed him coming, and puffed up his chest before releasing a long blast of fire. Echo kept flying straight though, getting dangerously close to the end of the Flamethrower. But, before the flames hit him, he suddenly began moving incredibly fast, and swooped around the line of fire, dodging the move as he came closer to Cinder.. before hitting his Acrobatics right on target. The direct hit stunned Cinder pretty good, as he let up on his flames, and tried to regain his bearings. But, Echo wouldn't give him the chance. He'd quickly Bite down on Cinder's wing, and took a nose dive, proceeding to slam the Fletchinder into the ground, giving him a taste of his own medicine. For the size difference, it looked pretty crazy, and we knew Echo's weight training was showing off well.