"Mmhm..." he wouldn't risk her hearing his voice crack.

Then his ears perked up as he noticed it.

Okay, Dreamboat?

Little old timey but he'd take it. It was classic and adorable...like her.

While he wasn't sure if she meant it or was just trying to cheer him up but that was the outcome, regardless. He wanted to ask but didn't want to ruin the moment by getting embarrassed and asking it awkward if she just said it to be nice.

He knew Steve was an old fashioned guy and it was likely she'd heard her mom call him that at one point. Then again, their relationship was...complicated and the parameters of it seemed to have weird boundaries.

But after all they'd been through with the Silver Shield Incident, Peter tried not to pass judgement on it.

They'd only known each other a few months but they were quickly thick as thieves- with a few too many stolen glances on both sides.

Her touch made his muscles relax instantly, lilac scented perfume gently keeping her in the back of his mind as he tried to get on with his homework.

It didn't help that he could still hear all the speculation as people noticed the absolute bombshell that was all over the geek.

They didn't know the pure hearted intention of the touch, but jaws sure hit the floor when Peter decided to steak a bit of a public claim on Ella. A lot of the stares she'd been getting were from less than good guys.

But if they thought she was in a relationship, it might deter at least some of them.

To do this, Peter turned his head and kissed her forehead, rubbing her back gently as he did so. "You are my Sunshine, Ella Borealis." He said softly.

It was cheesy and he knew it, but he sensed her heart beat speed up and could see pink rush to her cheeks. She dropped her head shyly and tried to hide her face by resting the top of her head under his chin.

Ella bit her lip to hide her smile as she struggled to keep her magic from leaking due to the excitement. Her hair wanted to flash blue right here in the school cafeteria.

Did he mean it? Like...romantically? Because it sure sounded that way to her...or was she just hearing what she wanted?

For the rest of the school day, Peter tried to keep a hand on her at all times to make sure as many people as possible saw it. Not one of these douche bags was good enough for her.

They walked with their arms looped on the way home, Peter holding standing perfectly still on the moving train and not moving even as they settled, she clutched onto him for dear life. He smiled down at her pathetic misery, chuckling when she glared up at him.

"Fuck you, Peter." She purposely hip bumped him, smiling when he let her move him a little as an immediate peace offering.

They met each others eyes, laughing a little before they both got embarrassed and quieted down, glancing around.

After a few seconds of silence, he laughed again, quickly covering it with a fake cough. "What?" she asked, arms gripping his waist in a vice like side hug.

"Nothing, it's just uh..." his cheeks flushed, "It sounds silly when you swear. You're so cute when you're flustered and-" he cut himself off, looking away.

Ella batted her titanium grey eyes, smiling shyly. "Thank you, I guess. I think you're cute all the time."

For Peter, time seemed to stop as her words sunk in. His heart hammered as a nervous laugh came from his chest because he's Peter Parker, of course he's gonna mess this up.