Chapter 8

It's the morning of homecoming and I'm the only one of my friends who doesn't have a date. Trevor asked bella and Luke asked Ivey. We're going in a group with Jack, Quinn and their dates, and their friends Alex and Cole, who also have dates, so I'm the only one in the group without a date.

Knock knock. I'm pulled out of my thoughts when Ellen opens the door. "Hey, I thought I'd bring you a smoothie for while you get ready." She says setting it on my desk. "Thank you that looks so good." I say giving her a smile. "Remember your hair appointment is at 12:45 so since it's 9 you might want to start getting ready." She says before shutting the door.

I quickly jump out of bed and run to my bathroom to shower. While the water is heating up I wash my face and do my skincare. I pull my hair into a claw clip since I don't need to wash it. I get in the shower and stand in the hot water for a minute quietly singing along to my shower playlist.

After tbe first song is done I grab my body wash and loofa and start washing my body. I rinse that off and then begin to shave and once that's done I put a sugar scrub on. I let that sit for a few minutes before washing it off and hopping out of the shower. I wrap a towel around myself and go to grab some shorts and a sports bra.

Once I'm changed I put on lotion and sit down at my desk switching my playlist from shower concert to GRWM. I take a sip of the smoothie Ellen made me and start doing my makeup. I'm not doing all of it right now but I want my base done. I'm doing more makeup than I would on a day to day basis, but it still looks natural, which is good.

"Hey Julia." Luke says while jumping to lay on my bed. "Hey Luke what are you doing?" I ask while blending my concealer. "I'm bored and wanna see my best friend." He says watching me do my makeup. Mr. Bright side starts playing and Luke jumps up and starts singing. "Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just fine gotta gotta be down because I want it all." He snatches my hairbrush singing into it like a microphone before pointing it at me. "It started out with a kiss how did it end up like this it was only a kiss it was only a kiss." I sing, stopping what I'm doing and standing up to sing with him.

"What are you guys doing?" Quinn says standing in the door frame laughing. "Come sing with us Quinny." I say as I grab his arm and pull him in my room. "Jealousy turning saints into the sea, swimming through sick lullabies, chocking on your alibis." We all sing together before Trevor walks in unnoticed before he starts singing too. "But it's just the price I pay, destiny is calling me open up my eager eyes, cause I'm Mr.brightside." All 4 of us yell.

"This is some of the worst singing I've ever heard." Jack says while walking into my room. "Alright hotshot let's hear you then." Trevor says loud enough so he can hear him. "Now I'm falling asleep and she's calling a cab while he's having a smoke and she's taking a drag, now I'm going to bed and my stomach is sick, and it's all in my head," we all join in for the rest of the song and didn't notice Ellen standing in the door frame filming us.

"Cause I'm Mr. Brightside." We all yell as the song ends and start laughing. "You guys are so adorable. Reminds me of when you were kids." Ellen says as she walks away. The boys collapse on my bed and I go back to my desk to finish my makeup. Once I'm done I grab leggings, a tank top, and one of Luke's zip ups I stole from him and go to my bathroom to change.

"Anyone hungry?" I ask. I hear some ya's and yes's and we all go down to eat. I have about an hour till I have to be there so I hurry up and eat and Ellen and I go to my appointment. It's a 15 minute drive and we jam out to Taylor swift the whole way there.

Once I get there and am in the stylists chair she starts working. We did a previous appointment playing around with my hair a few weeks ago so we can see what we like. We decided to do two braids back into a low bun, leaving out some baby hairs. It took about an hour and a half and we were gossiping the whole time.