Chapter 18

Standing there on the island, with Johnny holding you in his arms was everything you could ever ask for, however this was nothing but a drunken impulse.

This was something that you wished for for months, but this was something you knew wasn't genuine.

It was written all over your face: this definitely not the way you wanted this to happen.

"What's wrong?" Johnny slurred his words, even though it made you love him even more; the way he cared about you even when not sober.

"Let's get you home. You need rest." You answered softly before stepping away out of his reach.

"No... stay." Johnny begged like a child, grabbing you by the waist and trying to pull you in closer to him.

"We have to go. Come on." You insisted as he sighed and walked beside you, attempting to hold you by the waist, however you resisted.

"(Y/N), I will never understand how you still hold yourself back around me." He laughs, stumbling beside you.

You stay silent, not wanting to interact with his poisoned self.

"Come on... stop... stop ignoring me." The words rolled off his tongue without any meaning.

You glanced at him blankly, before looking back in front of you, however his hand reached out to move your face and make you look at him. You clear your throat at this action, standing still.

"I love you... please stop doing this to me." He begged.

Your heart ached as you pressed your palm against his hand, which was on your face.

"Johnny... you won't remember any of this tomorrow." You spoke softly before pulling away, continuing walking.

"I will... I'm not even that drunk." His throat let out a hiccup, exposing his alcohol induced state.

"Cage, I know that you won't. It's already a given, so let's stop trying for now." You let out the words which you wish weren't the truth. If only Johnny... or you for that matter... had enough courage to say something to each other, this wouldn't be a problem.

"Come on, (Y/N). Stop torturing me like this." He begs again.

"We're here." You called out before opening the door, Johnny following you.

Once you shut the door, he grabs you by the waist, attempting to kiss you again, however you push him away before he gets too close.

"Johnny, stop. You're drunk." You insist, as steps back.

"I'm sorry." He says softly under his breath before kissing your cheek.

Johnny immediately drops down to his futon after your rejection, not bothering to change. A deep sigh escapes your lungs as you walk into the changing room, searching for your pijamas.

A load groan resonates from the bedroom before you begin changing.

Once you were finished, you stepped out to see Johnny laying on top of your and his futon at the same time.

"Oh my fucking god." You sigh desperately as you kneel down to attempt to push him away.

(How much does he weigh?) A thought rings through your head after being unable to even move him.

You groan in irritation before moving his arm away to let yourself lay down on your futon. His body was pressed against yours, breathing deeply.

You turned your back towards him, inhaling deeply and closing your eyes. Sleep paralysed your body once your mind relaxed.

Your eyes flashed open as your body twitched at the feeling of something wrapping around your torso.

Looking back, you realise that Johnny was hugging you from behind. Goosebumps and heat spread through your body at the feeling of him sleeping next to you.

You cleared your throat before deciding to continue laying as you were, allowing yourself to fall asleep engulfed in his presence.

Waking up, shame waves over your body when you feel Johnny's body wrapped around yours.

A brick forms in your throat as your stomach tightens, ready to throw up. Your breathing grows heavy and shaky, not knowing what to do when he wakes up too.

You feel him move, realising that he will wake up soon. A deep breath escapes from his nostrils and his position switches slightly.

Suddenly, you feel a coldness hit your body as he moves away immediately after realising he was sleeping next to you.

"(Y/N)?" He calls out from a distance.

You turn around, avoiding looking at him.

"What happened last night?" He questions, worry and embarrassment spreading over his face.

You clear your throat, "Nothing. Why?"

"We... um... we didn't uhm... do anything like... y'know?" He stutters.

"What? No!" You reply as he exhales in relief.

"Thank god." He laughs, "But... did we do anything at all?"

Your heart drops, wondering if you should tell him about last night, "We um... we... kissed." You confess under your breath.

His eyes widen as embarrassment rushes through his face, "I'm sorry, (Y/N), I was so drunk I don't even remember anything."

"You said that you loved me." You said boldly as worry invades your clouded mind.

He clears his throat, staring into your eyes deeply, contemplating what to say, "Let's talk about what happened yesterday later."

A sigh escapes your lungs as you stand up to brush your teeth and get ready.

Memories of you and Johnny drown your mind as you stare at yourself in the mirror. When you cried together... the first time you got to know him. The moment he became himself, only to return to 'Johnny Cage the big ego martial arts icon'.

When you finish, you glance at Johnny, who is staring at a photo which brought you only pain and envy. Your eyes burn at his loving gaze towards her... what did she have that you didn't? Was he contemplating his love towards you? Was yesterday all fake?

You sigh deeply before walking towards your futon, setting your pijamas on top.

"(Y/N), wanna walk with us?" Kung Lao calls you, inviting you to join him and Raiden.

"Sure." You reply, smiling, not looking back at Johnny who was still reminiscing about his ex-wife.