Chapter 17: Broken Again

Depuis le début

I got into fighting position, ready to counter anything he had in mind, when I felt someone pull my arms behind my back. I tried to break free, but the person held my arms tight.

Hawk came up and kicked me in the stomach, followed my a punch to my face.

I lifted both my legs—using the guy behind me as support—and kicked Hawk backwards. Then I planted my feet on the ground and flipped the guy behind me over my head. He let go and we both fell to the ground, but I landed right in top of him, making sure to elbow him in the process.

I stood up quickly and started fighting off another Cobra Kai that ran up to me. This guy was tall and strong, with dark hair. He had the same ruthless anger in his eyes that Hawk had.

The guy grabbed my arms and threw me to the ground. I slid, closer to the doors leading out to the main lobby of the school. He ran towards me and lifted his leg to kick me, but I rolled out of the way and swept his legs out from under him. He fell to the ground too.

I stood quickly, looking down at him, when my focus was suddenly taken by Tory a yelling as she pushed Sam out into the big lobby of the school. When I wasn't paying attention, the Cobra Kai had gotten back to his feet.

He ran forward and pushed me out into the big room as well. Now all the Cobra Kai and Miyagi-Do students were out here fighting. Even more West Valley students crowded around to watch the fights. Most of them had their phones out, recording the whole thing.

I pushed out of the guy's grip and kicked him backwards and into a large cement pillar.

I fought a bunch of Cobra Kai students. There were more than I expected. I felt never-ending. I finally kicked another one down.

I looked around quickly, trying to find Robby. My eyes landed on him. He and Miguel were fighting up the stairs. At this point, they were only on the first part of the stairs.

Miguel kicked Robby into another Cobra Kai student that was standing there. Then, Miguel bolted up the stairs, towards where Sam and Tory were fighting in the second floor.

I started running towards Robby. He was fighting off the Cobra Kai he was kicked into. My eyes landed on another Cobra Kai student that was also running in Robby's direction.

"Robby!" I yelled, hoping he'd hear me and see the other guy ready to attack him from behind. Robby kept fighting. I ran up the stairs as quickly as I could towards Robby.

I got there right before the Cobra Kai student could kick Robby in the back. I was able to kick the other guy away, sending him tumbling into the crowd the was watching the situation. At that same moment, Robby had fought his opponent away as well.

Robby started bolting further up the second part of the stairs. Still standing in the first section, I yelled for Robby again. This time, he looked down at me and stopped, just as he was about to climb the remaining stairs to the second floor.

We looked at each other, our breaths heavy and our chests heaving. I could feel my limbs tiring. The pain from the kicks and punches was starting to make itself known.

His eyebrows tilted. He looked worried. It looked like he was hesitating.

Suddenly, he yelled back, "Behind you!"

I turned. The guy I had just kicked had come back for more. I blocked his punches, one after another. Then he landed a kick. I stumbled back into one of the railings on the staircase, my back hitting the bar. I cursed in pain, before the guy punched me in the face.

I grabbed his arm and kneed him in his stomach a couple times, before spinning him around and holding his arm behind his back in a painful position. He winced, trying not to move and cause more pain in his arm.