They Had a Hell of a Time

Start from the beginning

"It's just getting exhausting. I'm not even sure if I want a relationship anymore. I just want sex." Colin choked on his soda, spraying it on the table between them. Penelope gave him a confused look but continued. "I'm trying not to be picky, but I'd like to at least like the guy, or trust him if he's going to be my first." Colin's knee suddenly pounded against the table in surprise. "Are you alright?" She asked.

He nodded, hiding a strained expression behind his fist. He hadn't thought about it much in the past because it simply made him uncomfortable. He had tried very hard not to think about it lately because the thought of Penelope having sex with anyone who wasn't him made his stomach churn and his chest ache. Her first time should have been perfect, and he was glad to know that she hadn't gone that far with any of these men yet, because he wasn't sure they would give that to her. He remembered that conversation from a few months ago, shortly after she and Reggie had broken up and he picked her up from the bar. She was obviously hammered, but she had asked him so seriously, "why don't you want to have sex with me?" It made him wonder if that was what she wanted. If perhaps all of these failed relationships were her way of holding out for him. He hoped so anyway.

After some time, he finally answered her. "It's good that you waited. You deserve your first time to be special, Pen," he said sincerely, even though he wanted to add that with him, it would undoubtedly be the most magical moment of their lives.

Penelope had a habit of blurting out things that changed the very fabric of Colin's life and left him absolutely speechless. This was one of them. "Will you have sex with me, Colin?" She asked rather abruptly. When he said nothing and only stared at her for a solid minute, Penelope scrambled to say, "Nevermind, forget I said anything! That was so stupid of me. I just thought-ugh, I don't know what I was thinking! I wasn't. I felt like maybe there was something going on between us, but clearly I was wrong. I mean, of course your feelings haven't changed. You haven't said anything to make me believe that---"

Her rambling was cut short as she felt the softest pair of lips touch hers. Colin was kissing her. It took her only a second to gather her senses and kiss him back. And when she did, oh what a kiss it was. Neither of them had ever felt something so powerful. Their hearts raced as if they were chasing after one another. The world around them ceased to exist, and their minds as they enjoyed the feeling of the other in their arms. It was fire. It was electricity. It was passion and longing and the feeling of coming home. It was glorious. After what seemed like an eternity, Penelope pulled away, far too anxious to know what Colin was thinking.

"Are you sure this is what you want?" He asked, staring into her eyes while trying to catch his breath.

Penelope nodded, knowing that if this was her only chance to live out the dream of losing her virginity to the man she loved, she had to take it. "More than anything."

"Then let's go," he said, taking her hand and dragging her out of the booth. Thankfully, his apartment was only a couple blocks from the restaurant. Colin knew he wouldn't be able to restrain himself for much longer than that. He wanted to get there as quickly as possible so that he could begin showing Penelope all of the ways he loved her. He hadn't even realized that he was practically running down the street until Penelope called his name.

"Colin!" She scolded, giggling as she was dragged behind him.

Colin stopped immediately so that she could catch up, then gave her a sheepish smile and looked away. "Sorry, I was just excited, I guess."

Penelope beamed up at him and pulled his lips to hers, lingering for another passionate kiss. "It's okay. I like that you're excited. I am too," she confessed.

Colin let out a sigh of relief. "Good. Good," he repeated with a nod, blushing under the heat of her stare. Then, just because he could, he gave her one last soft kiss and started walking towards his apartment once again, this time at a much slower pace.