Ch 7: Fight, Flight, or Fall?

Start from the beginning

...

"So... Can you not tell the others please?" She asked nervously.

Iruma looked back down "Sure..."

Erica believed that Kalego-sensei may set up cameras or the like around the valley. So she would have to be sneaky with this.

"And please don't up look at me again."

"...Okay."

She took a deep breath in and allowed her wings to finally spread. It wouldn't count as kidnapping if she took him back right? No it would be a rescue right? But would he appreciate going back to the human realm away from the material treasures he has in the demon realm?

She was very careful to repress any sound from her wings.

"So how are you liking this school so far?"
Dear Heavens, I sound like that principal at that one middle school Iruma had attended for a like week.

Iruma fell quiet for a moment before replying "I don't know... I like Azz and Clara... You too, Erica... And the cafeteria! But..."

Ok. That did make her a bit happy, he was at least comfortable enough to say that he liked her. It was to be expected that his eyes lit up when talking about any sort of food and to him the cafeteria must be like heaven to him. She did know her question only encompassed school itself so she wasn't quite sure how things might be going with Sullivan and Opera at his new 'home'.

After that they then flew awkward silence.

"Do you think you need directions? Are you sure you won't get lost?" Iruma asked.

"No I can handle it!" She yelled out.

Her arms suddenly tightened around his torso and she stopped flying forwards, looking down to a bird's nest. Even though they both were rather high up the nest was absolutely enormous. As for the bird, not as large but still a respectable size.

"Erica-san...?"

So far she had done well with preventing attacks from the demon crows they would see but as of recently she hadn't seen any in a little while...

The large bird looking in the nest looked up at the two of them and squawked something with visible contempt. Erica shot it a nasty look. however, Iruma for whatever reason seemed to not be able to keep his eyes off of it.

"Wait... It's hurt..." He noticed.

She nodded slowly "It is. But we can't help it. I'll keep going" she replied but felt a hand grip onto her sleeve and a soft "Please." followed.

The avian creature appeared threatening with size alone. But she knew what Iruma saw in it's eyes. The pitiful look of a hurt child with no parent to console him....

No.

"From what I see, this guy is probably junior. I don't want to stick around for senior." She reasoned.

"I'll be quick..." Iruma whispered sadly.

If only he could comprehend the anguish he had just caused her.

I know you're doing that face. I can never argue when your making that face! The fact that  I can't see it right now is somehow making it worseee! Please I can't!

Erica's grip loosened slightly  "Fine. But if it tries anything, it'll be more than just hurt." She relented.

And now here she was in the thing's nest, hand on Iruma's shoulder as he was holding a sharp rock up to his hand.

"You're not going to do what I think you're going to do." The angel's words made him pause and she whispered "Aren't magical beasts and stuff super attracted to blood?..."  At this moment she noticed she had absentmindedly moved her head a tad too close to his ear. It never not be strange for her to actually be noticable to him.