the storm.

hazel knew that paradise wouldn't last forever. there must be a balance in the world. with every joyous moment they racked up, an equally catastrophic one would be awaiting them.

still they carried on, falling deeper and deeper into the man they loved so much. was it the smartest idea ? letting one person and one person only consume their world. letting dominic become their lifeline, their reason for air. no, but hazel didn't care.

hazel loved dominic. he was their soulmate. meant for them and them only, the way they felt only got stronger as they sat on the bathroom counter in the morning kicking their feet as they listened to the man talk as he showered.

"you're finishing that book tonight right ?" he questioned, they could barley make out his words as the water hit the shower floor but they responded anyway "yes. we have like four chapters left." they told him and he peaked his head around the shower curtain a smile across his face melting hazels heart.

"you'll read them to me right ?" he questioned and hazel nodded. he beamed with glee before continuing his shower. no one knew about things like this, how he enjoyed them reading their books to him. how cheerful he could be, how loving he was.

dominic had a way of making hazel feel like they couldn't be without him. it was even more satisfying feeling knowing they'd never have to be.

as dominic stepped out the shower, hazel closed their eyes tightly turning their head the opposite direction causing the man to chuckle lowly. he took their chin between his two fingers and turned them to face him, relishing in hazel's behavior.

"open your eyes baby" he said and they did so looking down to see a towel wrapped around his waist. "you're a trip" he said before placing a kiss on their forehead. hazel placed a kiss on his cheek before hopping off the bathroom counter and engulfing the man in a hug from behind.

"you sure you can't call out today ? we can read my book then watch that show it turned into. please please." hazel begged as and he turned around, hazel now embracing him as their arms wrapped around the area where the towel was.

hazel looked up at him hoping he'd cave and bail on his work obligations to spend the day with them again. he wanted to desperately, nothing would make him happier than to listen to hazel read their little stories. he knew he would be in big trouble if he did though and decided he had to go to work.

"i want to but i can't mama, i'm sorry." he declined and hazel tried not to look so disappointed. hazel nodded kissing his cheek again before exiting the bathroom and sighing as they plopped on the bed.

"don't be in there pouting about it either." he joked and hazel quietly chuckled as they covered their mouth "shut up and get ready" hazel joked back as they sat up and before they knew it he was back in their space goofy smile plastered across his face as he approached them.

"i'll be back soon" he assured and hazel nodded as they nudged his legs with their feet. "i'll get your favorite and we can read that book you like" he suggested before leaning closer to hazels ear "and then after we can do something else you like" he teased causing hazel to squeal before they got up

"just, get there safe. i'll see you when you get back" hazel said trying not to showcase how the teasing effected them as they walked with him to the door. the two kissed goodbye before he headed out.

with all the free time between now and when dominic would be returning hazel decided it wouldn't hurt to pamper themselves.

they ordered some food, blasted their favorite song on the speakers and really took care of themselves. they washed their hair before they took a nice long relaxing bath as they continued reading hood feminism by mikki kendall.

hazelwood has added to their story

seen by soonalx, dominicfike, lolatung, contradash and others

they weren't sure how time was passing or if they had fallen asleep in the tub but they heard a knock on their door alerting them. hazel was a bit confused, it seemed too early for dom to be coming back and they were sure he had their key. hazel wasn't really expecting anyone else either unless lana was at their door.

they quickly got out the tub and changed as fast as they could before they opened the door. the peaceful mood they were in swiftly altered when they made eye contact with the person standing in front of them. it was no other than imani reed.

why would he be here ? what could he want ? they were sure their annoyance was written all over their face and they refused to hide it. "i was starting to think you moved" was the first thing he said and hazel had to fight the urge to be a smart ass.

"i didn't, what are you doing here" they questioned. their response was dry maybe even cold but it was okay. they were fine with being the villain in this story. "i wanted to talk to you" he responded and hazel sighed "why, about what" they shot back quickly and he began to look defeated.

"i just, i know you and xiomara got really close and it got me to thinking. was that because of me ? like you both dated me maybe you bonded over me. i just keep thinking about you guys together giggling and talking about me and the things i've done" he sounded upset and it really shocked hazel how they couldn't find it in them to care anymore. there was nothing there.

"honestly i don't wanna talk to you about this. me and xiomara aren't friends and i can't give you any closure. i've moved on with my life. the past is just that, the past. i don't care and you shouldn't either" hazel responded. they couldn't get over how cold they sounded but it was relieving not to feel bound to him anymore. hazel just wanted him gone.

"you couldn't have said that before i spilled my guts ? so you can run and tell your friends and your boyfriend about me." he shot back with venom on his tongue and there he was. the imani reed that hazel knew. he was calculated and cruel and hazel wanted him gone. "go to hell" was all they said before they slammed the door in his face.

they weren't sure if he was still around but hazel was uncomfortable, scared and upset. they sat on their couch alone as they waited for dominic. anxiety filling them up like water and a balloon as they did so.

after what felt like hours, dominic had come home. mexcian food from their favorite restaurant in hand and a smile spread across the mans face. he was so happy to see them and the feeling was mutual. "hi sweetheart" he said as he placed the food down and embraced them with a tight hug, one hazel never wanted to be apart of.

hazel rattled their brain as he kissed the top of her head wondering if they should mention that imani showed up. they knew they did nothing wrong but, something about the situation still made them feel uncomfortable and scared.

they thought about if the situation was different and hunter or diana showed up to his home, doing something similar. they'd wanna know. so they decided to be upfront with it.

"i have to tell you something" hazel said and the two separated from the hug as he looked down at them, curiosity written all over his face. "imani showed up here." hazel announced and dominic backed away a little more. the room went quiet and the anxiousness that floated in the pit of hazels stomach started filling every part of their body.

they felt it in their veins, in their chest. their throat went dry as they tried to read his emotions. they couldn't though and that terrified him.

after that, everything just went black. there hazel was curled up in a ball on their game room floor. they sobbed and they sobbed and they wept alone. dominic was gone and they felt broken.