; john dory // snow blindness 🥽 ❄️

Magsimula sa umpisa

i don't know how long i sat there, but it was long enough to when i woke up, the wind had stopped.
and i heard something else.
i voice, it was a guy? he was singing, and he was approaching..wait, no..he's getting further-

i quickly crawled out the safe spot i had made for myself, looking around, being met with the blinding white again.
my eye sight is blurry, and it hurts to just keep them open, but i continue to frantically look around to the sound of the voice.

i finally caught glimpse of a figure getting smaller in the distance, as i began to run after him, not wanting to be left behind again.
i'd rather seek help to a stranger than freeze 🤷‍♀️.

i wanted to shout out to the guy, but i only had energy to do one thing at a time, i was struggling to breathe up in these mountains.

once i was close, i fell, only being able to reach out and grab the troll's foot.

"help me," i said in the most weirdly blank yet desperate way possible. it was such an emotionless tone but it had so much emphasis behind it, i can't explain.

i buried my face into the snow, feeling as the guy stopped movie, and i still clung onto his foot like some sort of desperate child.

he knelt down beside me, holding his hand to my back.

"woah?? you alright there, buddy??" he spoke with a concerned tone. (i'm just fine, thank you 😊)

"i can't see," i managed to speak out, trying to pick up my head, "i'm cold," i added, my voice cracking cause my throat was very dry.

"hey, uh- it's gonna be alright! just hang tight.." he mumbled, he had a backpack i assumed, as he dropped it to his side and opened the zipper, rummaging through his belongings.

there, he pulled out some snow goggles, and a thermal blanket.

he gently lifted me up so i could sit on my knees, and balance on my hand. he quickly put the goggles over my eyes, and wrapped the blanket around me.

i shivered, but felt myself getting warmer.
i turned to look at the troll.

the goggles i wore had a tint, so i couldn't see him well, color wise.
but he had goggles on as well, a coat and thick pants, with spiky hair that abruptly cut off at the top.

"t-thank you," i stuttered through my teeth chattering.

"yeah..it's gonna be alright..c'mon, let's get you help," he replied, picking up his backpack and throwing it over his shoulders.
he grabbed my hand, pulling me up the mountain.

"up?" i questioned, with a chatter in my voice. i was confused on why we weren't going down.

"yup, there's a check point close by, we're almost there." he nodded.
(if you don't know what a check point is, it's basically a leveling system in popular hiking trails where there's cabins along a trail for hikers to rest and stuff, it's popular where i live, especially in snowy hike trails 😭)

it felt like we'd be walking forever, but in reality it could only possibly be a couple of minutes.

i walked very slowly, he moved faster, so he was basically dragging me, but i guess that's a good thing. if he wasn't leading me, it take way longer for me to get there..i mean i didn't even know there was a check point??

eventually, i peered over his shoulder and saw a cabin, that's when i picked up the pace. i wasn't expecting to see anything when i looked, but seeing that gave me sudden hope. so i moved quicker.

once we reached to the door, he opened it and i fell inside, sitting on the floor instantly, but i wasn't in the way of the door.

i held my head in my hands, that rested on my forehead, i was just taking a second to process what happened, and calm my headache a little.