5. You Gotta Be Prepared For Everything, That's Why I Keep Lingerie In My Car.

______

______

"Emersyn, hey, I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out? A lot of stuff has happened today and I really need someone to talk to," Caroline's voice came through the Stark's cell phone.

"Uh, yeah, sure. I've got a shift at the grill though. Do you want to come by now? I finish at nine," Emersyn answered as she got out of her car before walking towards the restaurant.

"Wait, is Matt working tonight?" Caroline asked suddenly.

"No, don't worry. He worked earlier today. It's just me and a few other guys working the bar tonight."

The blonde girl smirked, "Just you and a bunch of guys, huh? Anyone interesting?"

"Definitely not. The people here are a bit too small towney for me. Not to sound like a gold digger - I mean, I can't really be one, since, you know - but anyways, I need a man with a bit more money who won't use me for my money."

"Fair enough. Sounds like you need Damon."

Emersyn choked. "I would rather pull my own eyes out and eat them than date Damon Salvatore."

Clocking in, she pulled on her apron and walked out to the bar and smiled at Luke, a twenty-two year old bartender.

"Alright, Care. I better go. Just punched in, don't want to be getting paid to be talking on the phone."

"God, you are such a goody two shoes."

Emersyn chuckled, "I definitely am not. I got drunk last night while I was working. That was Damon's fault though. He just kept buying me drinks. Now get your blonde ass over here."

"Okay, okay. I'll be there in ten."

Hanging up, Emersyn leaned against the bar and glanced back at Luke who had already been looking at her with an amused smile.

"How's your night going, Max?" he asked as he slid a drink over to her along the mahogany bar. Catching the glass, Emersyn smiled, "Same as always."

"You're friend Caroline was here earlier."

Emersyn glanced back at him with a confused stare, "She was?"

"Yeah, so was that Elena girl. I think they must have had a fight, or something, because one second Caroline was here and the next she was running out the door."

"Right, right. Yeah, she told me about that. She forgot she had to meet her mom." Caroline never mentioned her and Elena meeting up earlier. She said she had been busy all morning setting up for the masquerade ball.

The bell chimed not a few moments after and Caroline walked inside and the Stark glanced back at Luke. "Go ahead, I'll cover," he said with a smile as he dried a glass.

Smiling at him, she walked over to the blonde. "Evening, blondie."

"Max," Caroline smiled. "You look hot," she said as her eyes looked the Stark up and down.