┈┈┈┈ ⋞ 〈☪〉 ⋟ ┈┈┈┈

Sonya had found Rumi pacing back and forth in the corridor outside the assembly hall. He didn't seem lost in thought but he appeared to be so agitated that she couldn't help but approach him.

"Have you decided?"

Rumi had finally put a break on his behavior and turned to find Sonya standing behind him, clearly perplexed by his actions. He walked closer to her and put his hands on her shoulders. "Do you think once you've seen the specimen, you can identify what creature are we facing?"

"Not immediately but a sample could help. What is wrong?"

Frustration was written on Rumi's face as he turned around, hands closed to fists on his sides. "I cannot let that Alpha get ahead of us!"

Sonya watched his back in silence for a moment. "Then be careful in sealing a contract with these monks unless you would like to end up on the wrong side of the bargain."

"Damn it! Why do I have to deal with---ugh! I should've known he would use this against me."

Sonya was intrigued and gently pulled Rumi by the forearm to face her. "What's wrong? You aren't like this. You always handle negotiations calmly even with those Lycans you dislike and that includes your cousin. I've never seen you so rattled like this---"

"You asked me before if there's something I wish to tell you."

"Yes...and you said there's nothing."

"I lied. Something is..." Rumi choked as he paused for a moment to stare into Sonya's eyes. He couldn't believe it. He liked this girl and he wanted her to be his Luna. When he thought about it in this term, his rage boiled over, and could only curse his fate. He felt as if everything he worked hard for to win the position against his cousin was crumbling away, all because of a prophecy.

"Rumi, what is this something you wished to tell me?"

A cold chill crawled up his spine as he slowly accepted the inescapable truth. "I am a Male Luna." Seeing to the heart of Sonya's confusion, he added in a quiet voice, "Vinzer Romanoff is my mate."

Mareshka who heard everything immediately hid herself in the corner, eyes wide with disbelief at what she discovered. She whispered, "A Male Luna..."

┈┈┈┈ ⋞ 〈☪〉 ⋟ ┈┈┈┈

After reading the contents of the agreement, Vinzer glanced at Rumi with severe, dark eyes. And though Rumi felt the blood draining from his face, he stood his ground and didn't blink. This only served to excite the other. "Fair deal," he said. "I guess I'll be expecting you at my mansion, Alpha."

The man gazed at Rumi with that same poker face that his companions wore, except that glint in Vinzer's eyes hinted at something more. If he was ever in doubt of his decision or he thought that he should've padded the number in his favor, Rumi stopped agonizing over it. He quickly exchanged knowing glances with Lev and Sonya before facing Vinzer leading boldly with his chin. "I'll be seeing you again. Soon."

Vinzer gave him a lopsided grin. "I can't hardly wait."

As the Head of the Grey Monks sealed the contract and the team was formed, Rumiel watched as Vinzer and his companions strode in the opposite direction and disappeared from their sight. Uncertain as it was, Rumi's decision was fixed and he wasn't about to let Vinzer and his crew take the lead.

"Are you sure about what you're doing?" Lev asked as they headed back to their aero-van where Rolan was waiting. "Rumi, keep in mind that this is considered a binding contract once sealed by a Grey Monk. A curse could befall our clan if the conditions are not met---"