Moving on from that, this only left Aeternitheos with more questions though. Because who even was Aeternitheos? 

Why did he know all these bits and pieces of information already? Were these from Aeternitheos himself?

Just, what was his role as an unmentioned character from the novels?

Was Aeternitheos even alive in said novels? No, he would most likely have died before Athanasia would even remember having a twin brother.

But from what?

Argh, baby migraines.

Aeternitheos was born less than an hour ago. Why subject him to an immediate midlife crisis?

At least there should have been some writing of how he died or how he got separated from Athanasia. He could benefit from having a cheat sheet at the moment.

He couldn't even curse the author. That was the least of his concerns.

If a baby could sigh, Aeternitheos would have done so multiple times at this point.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

As days turned into weeks, and finally into a year, Aeternitheos grew in the quiet halls of the Obsidian Palace.

He had to admit that despite the looming death flag over him, he found this setting at least much more comfortable than his past life. Despite being in a gloomy place like the Obsidian Palace, he was surrounded by minor luxuries of silver and gold, borderline basic living necessities and all three meals. That was more than he could ask for.

Aeternitheos trusted in his abilities and himself to survive, and perhaps even live a happier life with Athanasia this time.

Don't ask him why yet. He just knew.

"Fake it 'til you make it," was what he would say to himself exasperatedly.

However, life wasn't as cooperative as he wished. Similar to what was happening in the Ruby Palace, many nobles had quit working as servants in fear of what had happened over the past year. No one wanted to be a victim of another massacre. 

Despite the tradition of nobles serving the royals in the palace, most of the maids in both the Ruby and Obsidian Palaces were now commoners, so once they would steal away their treasures, they would only work for a year or so before quitting without hesitation. 

Another year passed and the Obsidian Palace was almost a ghost town. The palace was the least prestigious among all the palaces and didn't have as much wealth as the Ruby Palace. It was also not given sufficient funds to take care of the royal infant. Moreover, it had a scary reputation of being associated with unworthy and forgotten royals. 

The prince has seen his maids suffer from bullying and has heard shameful whispers just for serving him. So, it was no surprise when most of them transferred to the Ruby Palace or quit altogether.

Right now, Lilian York would be the best gift sent from heaven.

But he was 'blessed' with the oh-so-wonderful ex-head maid of the Ruby Palace, Valeria Ravenscroft. Yes, Lilian had been doing god's work at the Ruby Palace during this time, which Aeternitheos would personally applaud if he could, and according to Valeria's grumbling, Lilian was recently promoted to the new head maid of the Ruby Place.

Despite Aeternitheos' desire to be left alone like the forgotten prince he was meant to be, he still needed adult supervision since he was still only two years old, even if it was from the new head maid of Obsidian Palace who seemed to be driven by greed.