Chapter 17 *edited*

As we both walked up to the house with our shoulders squared and fists clenched, the angrier I got by the second. Her injuries flashing through my mind with each step I took towards that large wooden door, and behind that door is the asshole that hurt her and he wasn't going to get away with it.

Toast was the first one to reach the door. He didn't knock, no, he grabbed the round silver handle and swung it right open, marching into the house as if he lived there. I was taken aback by the sudden action; it wasn't like him to do that.

It took a lot for Toast to snap and I guess he's reached that point. Honestly, I don't think I'll be able to fight the guy Ted today if Toast reaches him first. His life might be on the line.

Our work boots were loud on the shiny hardwood floor, making a lot noise with ever step we took; hearing it echo though out the place. There was no way Ted didn't hear us enter.
The house was practically empty. We looked around in different rooms and no one was to be found.

"Come out Teddy." Toast yelled angrily through the house while shoving doors open. His booming voice bouncing off the walls.

"Maybe he's not home." I told Toast as I glanced around. Suddenly we both heard a gun cock behind us. I slowly turned around with my hands raised, Toast just swung his head around in annoyance.

"Who are you?" The kid asked. This must've been the eldest son. The poor boy looked terrified while holding the gun at us but tried to play it off by holding a stone cold look on his face.

"Listen, we're here to talk to your father. Do you know where he is?" I asked him in a calm voice, eyeing the gun hard. It could go off any second if the safety isn't on and I'd be dead.

"Why do you want to know? Are you friends of that girl he's fucking?" He asked. I felt my eye twitch once he said 'fucking.' Images of Ted raping her coming to mind, making me angry. Toast shoved me out of the way and towards the boy. I began to freak out.

"Where is your father? This is the last time we're asking." He growled as he leaned down to the boys level.

"Toast!" I cried. I stared at Toast like he was insane. There was a gun pointed at us and he just walked towards him as if there wasn't! The boy gulped and pushed the gun against Toast's torso with his finger on the trigger. Toast just stood there, staring intensely at the young teen.

"We both know there's no bullets in the damn thing." Toast said, ripping the gun from the boy's hand and chucking it across the house, listening to something shatter in the end. The boy was ready to piss his pants. Toast stood up straight and looked at me.

"Let's check the backyard, (Y/n) says he likes to drink there around this time." I informed him, leading the way. Toast glared down at the boy one last time before walking off with me, making sure he scared him.

Once we reached the backyard, I pulled open the sliding glass door and stepped out. Low and behold, there was Ted, sipping on a green margarita while listening to classic rock on a tiny radio on the table next to him. I walked up and turned off the radio, staring at him while I do so.

"Hey, what the fuck?" Ted asked, turning to look up at me in annoyance. Once he saw my face, he smiled and stood up holding his arms out, putting his margarita down on the glass table.

"Ghostie, my friend!" He cheered, placing his yellow tinted sunglasses on top of his head while smiling at us. Toast and I stared angrily back at him. Without second thought, I decked him in the face, watching his sunglasses fly off his head and shatter on the fancy white patio tile. He stumbled backwards into his chair holding his nose in disbelief.

"You don't like it, do you?" I asked him angrily, throwing another punch into his stomach. He hunched over with his arms wrapped around his stomach in pain.