Chapter 2 *edited*

Toast dragged me around the building In excitement, making me think that they haven't had anyone here in a while. Ghost just told me where everything was. I don't think Ghost likes me. He was super quiet and staring at me intensely with disgust on his face during the interview. It made me feel very unsettled.

"Here you will have a room for yourself to rest after a case if you feel the need, and if you wanna stay the night at all from being injured and need someone to watch you-" the phone in the office began to rang, catching him off guard. "Shit, we have a call I'll be right back." Ghost said running to the phone down the hall. I was left with Toast. Both him and I watched Ghost pick up the phone and talk with his back to us. His words hard to make out. Toast seemed unsettled by the call, but not just the call, it was something else. His gears were running through his head, I could see it. He glanced between me and Ghost, his face tensed. Ghost put the phone down and walked back to us and huffed, putting his hands on his hips.

"We got another case that is urgent and needs to be taken care of now." He alerted Toast, walking to the room filled with supplies. Toast and I followed.

"What about her, Sir?" Toast asked him. I got nervous.

"I haven't had any training yet!" I cried, clearly terrified of going. If they came back looking like that, I don't want to know how I'll end up. Ghost turned to me.

"You said you had experience with spirits before, right?" He asked me. His face held no emotion as he stared down at me.

"Yes." I answered.

"Do you know how to handle weapons and machinery?" He asked. Toast began to put on his gear besides us.

"Sort of. I can handle a knife." I told him with a shrug. He nodded and licked his lips before speaking again.

"Can you fight?" I quickly nodded my head.

"Yes." I said. He looked at my clothes and shook his head, disapproving of my apparel for a situation like this.

"Did you bring any other clothes with you? Because I will not let you fight in heels and a skirt." He warned me. I was a little annoyed because it would NOT be my first time fighting in this kind of outfit before but for safety reasons I understood.

"Yes, Sir. I have extra clothes in my car. Jeans and a t-shirt." I told him. Toast fixed his gear and nodded.

"Please do change while we fill up the van. We will see you out there." Toast explained. I nodded my head and walked out of the room.

Ghost POV

"What do you think of her? I think she's a lovely bird." Toast asked me as we grabbed things and placed them in the back of the van. I shrugged, unsure myself of what I think of her.

"She's alright." I told him. "Let's see how she does today and I'll tell you how I feel after." I said. I checked the walls of the van that held ropes, making sure we have all.

"I'm surprised you haven't flirted with her yet. I figured you'd fancy her immediately, I suppose I was wrong." He said. I scoffed.

"I don't do that." I mumbled and walked out of the van. I don't do that. I don't usually do that. Do I do that?

"Oh but you do, sir. Any bird insight you'd fancy." He explained. I rolled my eyes. Toast snickered at my annoyance.

"I don't know, maybe she just didn't catch my eye right off the bat." I said simply, hoping he'd leave it at that. Right on time, she walked out of the building in normal clothes and gear.

"I guess you knew what to grab." I said, staring at the equipment in her hands. She shrugged, making no eye contact with either one of us.

"Maybe I did." She said confidently, hopping into the back of the van. I shut the van doors and hopped into the driver seat, with Toast beside me in the passenger side.