𝟗𝟏 | 𝐀𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐳𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐨 𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐧

Start from the beginning

Shaking my head subtly, Lena glances in my direction, changing my face quickly to a smile.

For a moment she was in confusion but she realised what Levi meant, and soon nods eagerly with a bright expression. "Are you sure? Do you trust me to handle him, while you welcome the anti-marleyan volunteers and foreigners?"

Reluctantly I couldn't go past Levi's stubbornness, as a chuckle leaves my lips feeling excited to finally bring our new guests. "Yes Lena, it's just for the welcoming ceremony," I assure her, before taking Luka from Levi and passed him to Lena carefully. Ruffling my sons hair softly, "It won't be long, but I'll take care of him during the meeting.......he's a very quiet one."

For a moment I saw appreciation in her eyes, "Aunty Lena to the rescue again," Lena smiles widely, brimming from the sweetness of the infant.

It does put me at ease, when Lena's there to help me out.

*

AT THE HARBOUR

The cool breeze that swept up from the open ocean, where in the distance was the Anti-Marleyans slowly arriving towards the docks. Standing firmly at the front of our group of scouts with pride, I realised it's been a while since I've been back into the field despite a month since I went on maternity leave. Having to see everything completed and finalised, I was proud by the results.

With how we came from the tents, and makeshift beds, to a modernised area of Paradian styled buildings. Thanks to the many people who have aided us, like blacksmiths, engineers, builders and knowledge. The place became another sanctuary for the scouts and the regiments in general for trade.

Even more proud at the fact that we've come so far, since I've joined the cadet corps years ago. 

The ship further draws near the dock, while my chest felt heavy and soon felt nervous which isn't like me. Keeping myself focused on the possibilities about forming an alliance with another nation, and what supplies we will receive during that alliance if it does come to be. Glancing to my side, Hanji seemed very quiet and serious for a moment before she pokes my side.

"You okay? You're look nervous," She teases quietly, causing me to grow red in embarrassment.

"Shut up, just haven't socialised for a while,"

She nears my ear, "Sure, sure......" with a teasing hum, nudging my shoulder again. "Is it the new foreigners, the ambassador of Hizuru?"

A part of me did feel nervous about meeting them, wanting answers. Yet, worried that i would look like a fool for assuming that I'll gain an answer, only to be a fools errand.

"It's interesting to learn your heritage," The Commander adds, with a wide smile before it shortens to a neutral expression. "Maybe you might something, to put your questions to rest......for you to move on," her voice lowered, while I softly smile with a nod of agreement.

"You definitely know me too well, it's frightening," I tease her, with a smirk.

What's more frightening is that Yelena before leaving us a year ago, was begging to meet Eren face to face. So many times she would ask either Hanji, or myself, but each time was denied for security reasons. There was more to the meet, and that's why Levi has been feeling this unsettling tension since. Whether it was for Eren to stay away from people, specifically after his power when he doesn't know the full extent of it. It only remained to the issue she was in contact with Zeke, that left me to be cautious of her whereabouts and movements.

Yelena was a frightening person, despite the soft amicable side of herself. I sensed it, like an intuition.

Finally after a few more minutes patiently waiting, they began making their way towards us. Lining up Hanji, Levi and I stood in front of the scouts, dressed neatly and presented ourselves with pride of our regiment. Yelena's eyes met mine for a brief moment, noting their dressed in clean attire themselves. Soon her eyes slice towards Eren's, with a subtle smile and warm greeting.