Chapter V

"...." = Talking
'Italic' = Thinking
===========================================

The next day comes, and Tang San and I are being called to the grandmaster’s office, so we can not go to eat at the canteen with the others.

I'm really surprised that I'm being called too because if I remember correctly, this is when the grandmaster found out about Tang San's family. It's very important information about Tang San, so of course, I am stunned.

After we arrived inside the grandmaster’s office, the grandmaster handed us some food wrapped with latus leaves. ''Eat up. You are still growing, so you need to eat well.'' The grandmaster advised both of us. This actually surprised me a bit as I didn't expect that he would also give me food.

'Now that I think about it, why is it so different from the original story? Is it because of me...?' I questioned in my head.

''Come on, don't waste your time, eat quickly, I'll tell you something when you finish.'' The older man said to the both of us. Then Tang San and I begin to eat the food quickly while standing up. I glance at Tang San to see him turn white because of choking. I hand him the water that was on the table nearby and pat his back slowly.

''Slow down, you'll die if you eat this fast,'' I said to him. As for the grandmaster, he just looked at us with both concern and a wired gaze. After Tang San calmed down, the grandmaster called the both of us to his table.

And we just followed his words like the good students we are. ''Come, show me your other Martial Soul,'" he said. I think that was meant for Tang San, so I just stand still in my place. Tang San followed the grandmaster's command, then began to do the so-called 'Trick' to show the martial soul on his left hand.

Seeing Tang San's other Martial Soul come out, the grandmaster stood up quickly, and his eyes went wide for a moment. ''Tang San, the surname is Tang...'' He whispered to himself, even though I can still hear him so clear and well. After that, there was a few seconds of a very awkward silence until the grandmaster decided to break it.

''Alright, keep it back. Don't simply show it in front of others, and without my permission, don't add a soul ring on this Martial Soul either'' he said to Tang San with a serious tone. ''My dad also said this too'' Tang San responded in surprise.

''What's your dad's job?'' the grandmaster asked. 'At this point, I think they both have forgotten about my existence here, but well, what can I do?' I shrug in my head. ''He is a blacksmith in the village'' Tang San answered, cutting me from my thoughts.

They seem like they want to continue the conversation further, but I really want to get out of here, so I said, ''Well, if there's nothing relating to me, I will go back first'' This grab both of their attentions as they turn to face me who is now standing behind them, planning to walk out.

''Well then young lady, now it's your turn to show me your martial soul,'' The grandmaster hurriedly said before I could even take a single step.

I just uttered a big sigh, then said, "Well, I also have the Blue Silver Plant like Tang San, though...I don’t have a second Martial Soul" I stopped for a moment then looked at the grandmaster to see him gesture me to continue.

"... and…I'm at level…27th" I continued in a low voice. After hearing that, the grandmaster and Tang San turn to face me with wide eyes, and I just scratch my head while letting out an awkward laugh. "You were just level 15th when we tested it before." The boy next to me said in surprise, and that cause the grandmaster to be more surprise as now he looks at me with a wider eye, and his mouth also opens slightly.

I then looked at the grandmaster to see him gaining his composer, coughing twice, and said, "So it's only take you a month to increase 10 level."
'I mean, it's all thanks to the anime I watched, and the area that I lived in.' I shrug in my own thoughts.