"Doctor!" He was cut off when Haley tugged on his sleeve.

"Yes, Haley?"

"Can I have one of this again? It's not sweet anymore," she said, pertaining to the tongue depressor they used a while ago to check her throat.

The doctor took another one for Haley without second thoughts. Agad-agad ding tumayo si Haley para kuhain 'yon at buksan. She immediately sucked on the sugary end of the depressor.

"Is it bacterial?" Yuchi asked.

"Oo, bacterial. Here." He pointed at the prescription. "She has to take amoxicillin three times a day every eight hours for ten days after kumain—"

"Can I please have one more?" Haley requested again.

"Beebie, enough na 'yan. Mauubusan na sila doc, wala nang magagamit for other kids and umiwas ka muna sa sweets," sabi niya kay Haley.

"Don't worry, ayos lang," he said, giving her niece another tongue depressor.

"Last na 'yan, Haley. Okay?"

"Yes, Tita Mochi," she said, walking back to her seat.

"Anyway, paracetamol din every four to six hours para sa fever niya. Then gargle with salt water after brushing and make her drink more water especially after eating sweets, " he added.

"All right."

"Also, since kanina or last night lang nag-manifest 'yong sore throat niya, observe na lang din natin kung sakaling magkaro'n ng ubo't sipon 'yong bata. If ever, carbocisteine 250mg—"

"Yup." She nodded. "I know na, Doc. It's fine."

"Okay. " He smiled.

And there it was again.

Yuchi tried to ignore the resemblance by turning her attention to Haley who was still busy with the tongue depressor.

"Tayo ka na d'yan, beebie. We're done na," sabi niya.

"Really?" Her eyes marbled. "Done na? No injections?"

"Yes po, no injections."

"Yay!" Haley exclaimed before turning to the doctor behind her. "You're my favorite doctor! No injections and may popsicles!"

He chuckled. "Favorite?"

"Yes!"

"Okay! You're my favorite patient too if you're going to drink your medicine on time and if you're going to drink more water."

"Are you going to give me more popsicles if I drink more water?"

He reached for his drawer again, taking out five tongue depressors for Haley.

"Here," he said, giving her niece the wooden popsicle sticks coated with purple sugar at one of its ends. "But you have to promise that you're going to take your medicine on time and to drink more water."

"Okay!" Haley held up her right hand. "I promise, doctor!"

His smile grew wider. "Very good."

Yuchi swallowed. The resemblance was really there and she couldn't shake her mind out of it each time she sees his lips curling up.

Stop na, Yuchi. It's not him, they just look alike pero it's not him and it doesn't seem like he knows you. And besides, kung siya nga, he would've have probably brought it up, right? Even by a hint. Kaso wala naman, she thought.

Yuchi let out a breath. Yes, perhaps they just resemble each other pero hindi nga siya 'yon. That's not impossible naman, there are even some people who could pass as twins pero hindi sila related by blood or even race. Maybe that's also the case here. Magkamukha lang talaga sila and I should stop thinking about that stranger.

Bakit ko ba 'yon naiisip? Bakit ba siya nag-la-lounge sa utak ko? He even called me mumu! He doesn't deserve to live in my head rent-free. That's trespassing!

"Let's go na, beebie," she said, reaching for Haley's hand the moment she was able to snap back to her senses. "Mag-thank you ka rin kay Doc, inubos mo tongue depressors niya."

Haley gave the doctor a huge smile. "Thank you, Doctor!"

He smiled back. "You're welcome, Haley!"

"Miss Hernandez?" he called even before she could open the sliding door.

Napalingon siya. "Yes?"

"I forgot . . ."

"What is it?" she asked.

But a brief pause hanged in the air when his eyes glossed in a lingering gaze.

She gulped. Did he recognize me?

"May ano . . . pharmacy sa first floor, malapit sa canteen. You can buy Haley's medicine there," he said.

"Oh . . . I see." She nodded. "Okay, Doc. We'll check. Thanks."

"Is that really your name?"

"Huh?"

"Mochi. Is that your name?"

"No!" Haley intervened. She immediately handed the tongue depressors back. Nangungunot din agad ang noo niya.

"No calling my Tita Mochi that way! I don't want these anymore take it back."

"Beebie, it's okay," singit niya naman.

"But he can't call you Mochi, Tita. Ako lang p'wede."

"Okay, okay," he said, leveling with Haley. What's your tita's name then?"

"Yuchi!"

"Yuchi?"

"Yes! Her name's Yohanna Chandria. Pretty, right? But everyone calls her Yuchi so you call her Yuchi not Mochi!"

He chuckled. "Okay."

She couldn't seem to intervene. But Yuchi was rather stunned watching the both of them when he turned his gaze to her direction.

"Can I call you Chandria, Miss Migraine?" he asked, smiling.