chapter 4: the jedi temple

The colossal doors of the Jedi Temple swung open, revealing the solemn grandeur within. Althea Amidala stepped forward, her eyes wide with wonder, absorbing the unfamiliar yet captivating aura that permeated the hallowed halls. The illustrious Jedi Masters gathered in a semicircle, their robes flowing like a cascade of wisdom.

Master Yoda, perched on his hovering chair, gazed at her knowingly. His ancient eyes seemed to penetrate through the veil of time, recognizing the unique destiny that had brought Althea to the threshold of Jedi training. 

The wise Jedi Master beckoned her forward with a beckoning motion of his gnarled hand, a silent acknowledgment of the journey that awaited her within the hallowed halls of the Jedi Temple.

"Welcome, young Althea Amidala," Master Yoda's voice, though small in stature, resonated with a depth that commanded respect. Althea offered a small bow, a blend of Naboo grace and the tentative reverence of a newcomer.

Master Yoda continued, "Your journey as a Jedi begins. Train hard, you must. Discover your path, you will." 

Althea nodded, her eyes reflecting a mixture of determination and curiosity.

As she lifted her gaze, her eyes met those of other venerable Jedi Masters. Among them stood Aayla Secura, with her striking blue skin, offered a welcoming nod. 

As Althea stood into the vast chamber, her eyes scanned the assembly. Among them was also seated in quiet contemplation, a figure that stirred a sense of familiarity deep within her. 

Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, adorned in the traditional robes of the Jedi.

Her heart skipped a beat as she realized she was in the presence of the legendary Jedi her father had so often spoken about. Anakin Skywalker's tales had painted Obi-Wan as a paragon of Jedi virtues, a mentor whose guidance had shaped her father's destiny. 

In that moment, the air seemed to shimmer with the threads of connection between past stories and the unfolding chapter of her own journey.

Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, a familiar face from the tales her father had once woven. His blue eyes held a mixture of recognition and solemnity.

She was familiar with him, but he didn't know much about her, except that she was the daughter of the Queen.

"Young Althea, your journey with the Force has just begun. Trust in it, and you shall find your way."

Althea sent a shy smile his way.

She then met the gaze of another Jedi Master.

Master Windu looked at her with a glint of curiosity. Her sudden presence on Coruscant sent him a wave of familiarity, which he hadn't felt in years, and the man couldn't put his finger on why.

Althea almost looked at her feet the more she continued to keep his gaze, and she immediately understood that he might be the stricter Jedi Master out of all of them based on the flat gaze he analyzed her in.

"The Jedi Temple is a place of learning, Althea Amidala. Here, you will discover the true extent of your connection to the Force." Master Ki-Adi-Mundi, with his towering conical head, added with a serene nod, making the girl finally turn away from Master Windu harsh gaze.

Knight Serin, her guide from Naboo, stepped forward to offer reassurance.

"Fear not, Althea. You stand among the guardians of peace and justice. The Jedi will guide you on this path."

Althea was feeling a mix of humility and excitement, but eventually found her voice.

"I'm ready to learn. Ready to understand my place in all this," she spoke, her words echoing through the cavernous hall. The Jedi Masters exchanged knowing glances, sensing the profound significance of this moment.