03. ma famille aimante

i know this chapter is a day early but i'm having so much fun writing this book, this chapter is so heartfelt with so many emotions, i'm sorry for all the sad sad feels that this book seems to carry but there is so much healing that needs to be done still. chapter title means: my lovely family in french. i hope you guys enjoy this chapter as much as i enjoyed writing it.

on another note if any of you want to follow my twitter its : violetttdays and we can create a group for this book series if anyone wants :) its an easy way to connect :D

until next time :) 

yours, Vi x

─── ✨🎨🍨🎀✨ ──

─── ⋆⋅✨🎨🍨🎀✨⋅⋆ ──

The Carlatta family was big of family dinners when everyone was in the same place. Since Luc's tentative move to Monaco to test out his place in her father's business also brought Valentine's return home. This led to everyone wanting to have a family dinner night, the entire Carlatta clan. Most of them didn't even live in Monaco anymore, but they had all come down for the Saints Gala and decided to stay another night to have an intimate family gathering.

Valentine knew what that meant, more questions of when Luc and she planned to settle down and if Valentine was going to finally move back to Monaco. Her family understood her reasons for staying away from the town that broke her heart, but they didn't agree with her refusing to return even for a short while.

Luc's move had already put so much pressure on her, she wasn't sure if she'd be able to handle what came with being back home. Just the thought of Charles's finding out about the secret she had carried scared her. Even today she remembered that day clear as it was, she had been so nervous, and she knew he was getting busier with racing, and he was moving up to F2 soon. She wasn't sure if he would have been ready to be a dad, but she trusted their love, in the power of what they had and chose to tell him before she told her family. But that didn't go as planned.

The vintage vanity lights bathed everything in a warm ambiance, as Valentine continued to get dressed. The air was filled with the delicate scent of her perfume and the sounds of rustling silk as she moved around the room.

The red satin dress lay across the ornate four-poster bed, a rich and luxurious fabric. Valentine ran her fingers over the texture, and she couldn't help but feel a sense of anticipation for the evening ahead. As she slipped into the dress, the fabric clung to her silhouette. It has a cross body pattern with a bit of an exposed neckline. Long sleeves that puffed slightly around the wrist and the fitted bodice accentuated her slender waist, while the flared skirt lay in a beautiful crisscross pattern that stopped at her midthigh.

As she sat in front of her dresser, brushing through her hair so she could style it into loose waves, that cascaded down her shoulders. her mind drifted back to that one day that changed her life forever.