I'm a fool for getting close to him. I want to be selfish and make him mine but I would only fall into the real Estella's trap.

Why is it so hard to live a normal life?

I think I need to avoid him. Maybe if I do that it will stop this madness. Distracting myself from him will help me.

So to cheer myself up, I'm spending my day with Dilana. If I'm able to make her fall in love with Kyrell, my feelings will surely go away.

Because of the arrival of Caelus, the nobles are staying at the palace. This means that Dilana and Evianna were dragged along with the Count.

In order to assure security, the nobles cannot exit the palace for the week. This is so confidentiality remains.

Some nobles decide to bring their families with them on occasions like this.

Only after the ball are they allowed to go home, since the meetings will already be concluded by then.

"How has your knitted blouse been?" I ask, sipping my tea as I watch Evianna and Alastair play in the blooming flower field.

"I'm almost finished with it. Though I don't think it is the best project I've done." She displays a sorrowful expression, poking at her coffee cake.

"All you need is practice. Truth be told, even I don't compare to the more experienced elder noblewomen. Their skill intimidates me."

"Me too!" She gushes. "Sometimes they try to show off their pieces just to tell you that you don't have the skill. It's absurd."

"Dilana! Your Majesty!" Evianna's sweet voice came rushing to my ears. "Look what we found."

She showcased a small red ladybug on a white daisy flower.

"Oh my, Evianna. It's adorable." I pat her head on her achievement.

She is three years younger than Alastair, so the little girl still has so much to do.

She is so cute, I just want to grab her into a tight hug.

"Do you want some dessert? Try this strawberry cake." I push the plate towards her, lifting the fork to her mouth.

She happily takes a bite, beaming at the taste.

Taking the fork from my hand, she continues to eat her cake.

"Your Highness, did you find anything interesting?" Dilana asks Alastair, who turns his gaze from me to her.

"No, just some pretty flowers." He mumbles, shifting under her gaze.

Is something wrong? Why is he mumbling?

He's always so bright around Dilana and Evianna.

"Estella, do you know when the meeting will be over today?" Dilana turns my attention away.

"I'm not sure. Most likely soon since it's the afternoon."

Kyrell has been in the meeting since the morning. While I would join them, Kyrell advised against it since my father would be there.

He would try to make a fool of me in some way.

"Since it may be almost over, how about we bring my father and the King some snacks? They probably haven't had enough time to eat." She suggested.

I hesitated when answering her. I didn't want to see Kyrell, especially since last night. I need to stay away from him so I don't fall further for him.

No, I have to go. This might be a chance for Kyrell to fall in love with Dilana.