The Right Thing 4

His gaze was boring to hers, and Cemre didn't even have the willpower to withdraw her eyes from his. Needless to say, she was shocked at the revelations. He didn't expect to hear such words from his mouth. He had deceived not only her, but also her sister. What was he trying to achieve?

"This can't be true, right? You're just trying to get this back on me!"

She could never come to the conclusion that his betrayal could be somehow related to her. That was somehow strange for her to even think about it.

Stand in front of her and tell her that you love her.

You shouldn't let your pride win you over. If you want to be a real man, then do it. Let her know that you're in love with her.

"Why would I do that? Since I took the responsibility of revealing the truth, why should I try to put the blame on you?" Cemre shot him an incomprehensible look. What was he trying to prove? Did he expect her to applaud him for this?

"It's impossible!"

"What?!"

"Your feelings about me. They can't be real!"

"You think so?!"

"I called you out because of Nedim, I smashed a bottle of alchocol on your head the other night and-"

"And that's the best thing that has ever happened to me!"

"What are you saying?" He grabbed both of her hands and placed them against his chest, his own on top of hers.

"Don't you see? You're the awakening of my conscience. You're the reason I decided to take my chances and tell the truth despite the risk of everyone turning against me."

Cemre felt her own heart throbbing in her chest. He was being serious! Deadly serious! She tried to snatch her hands away from his, only have him to take a firm grip on her hands.

"No, Cemre. This time you will listen to me and not run away. You owe me that. To both of us!"

The girl could not articulate a single word. The way he spoke to her, it had nothing to do with that selfish tone he used to get what he wanted. It was a soft, insistent tone, as if he was begging her to listen to him. Although his hands were holding her tight, his voice was begging her for a chance to apologize.

"Alright, you won. I'm listening!" She replied to him, feeling her hands free from his grip. She gasped when she felt his hand cupping her cheek. And what suprised her was the fact that his hand lingered there. Her gaze shifted from his hand to his blue eyes when she heard the next words.

"Nedim's so lucky!" Against his better judgment he smiled to himself.

"Your unconditional love towards his face is something worth of men's struggling for. And I won't lie. I was always jealous of him, but now I have one more reason on top of them. And a really important one." Cemre knew whom he was referring to and tried to protest, but only to have his hand on her lips to sush her.

"Remember when you accompanied me on that trip? You and I as a fictional couple and Nedim and Cemre as a real one. I've asked you to stick to our plan, but you couldn't pretend to love me, even for Nedim's sake." He swallowed down his next words and casted his gaze downwards. He knew it was painful to bring up such delicate issues for both of them, but had no other choice. He had her attention for once and he wasn't gonna miss this chance. His final chance probably.

"That evening you were crying, wanting to leave, literally in tears. You couldn't come to terms with Nedim being with another woman. Despite my knowledge that Nedim had only eyes for you, I didn't say a word." Her eyes widened.

"How?" Cenk smiled awkwardly at her question. He knew what she meant.

"Your sister made sure that I'd know about her faithful love for me!"

"Right there, in the middle of the stairs, I pulled you into my arms reassuring you that whatever your decision I was gonna respect that and I did. We left that place hand in hand and for the first time, it downed on me that I wanted to hold your hand for the rest of my days. I want to hold your hand wherever I go."

"Cenk, this is not so simple."

"You might think I am insane, but the truth is this is who I am. And I found that out thanks to you!" Cemre brought her hand up to wipe away a tear from his cheeks.

"Marry me, Cemre!" He couldn't keep his mouth shut.

"Cenk, you don't know what you're saying-"

"No, I don't!" He replied instantly, perplexing her more.

"So, let's figure that out together!" He said before placing a tender kiss on her hand.