7. ɢʜᴏꜱᴛ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ

Start from the beginning

The woman looked back at her granddaughter. "A fine mess you've made, honey. The witches told you there'd be consequences to bringing Jeremy back and you did it anyway."

" I didn't have a choice. I love him and I- I couldn't just let him go." The girl's voice broke because of her crying.

" I understand. But you cracked open the door to the other side. There's an old witch over here. She took advantage of it. She took advantage of you, honey. When you did that spell to send Vicki Donovan away, she wedged the door wide open. Giving a free pass to anybody with unfinished business."

"How do you know this?" Bonnie asked, confused. Arabella wanted to ask the same, but decided not to, wanting to give the granddaughter- grandmother duo as much time as they can get.

"Witches talk. Even on the other side. Who do you think makes all the rules?"

"What does the witch want?"

"That's original vampire business, not yours. I don't want you getting in the middle of that. I'm here because you upset the balance of nature. And it's your duty to set it right. You need to close that door."

Caroline called Elena up. "Apparently the old witch can draw power from this side because of her talisman."

"Her talisman. My necklace?" Arabella heard Elena's voice from the other side of the phone.

"It's some ju-ju power source. And I know you're not going to like this, but Bonnie needs to destroy it."

"I just walked in on Jeremy kissing the reason I'm completely okay with that." Elena answered and Caroline's head snapped towards Arabella, who immediately looked to Bonnie.

"What?! Are you kidding?" Caroline whisper-yelled.

"I wish. Look, I don't have the necklace. Damon has it somewhere. Text him. I'll call you right back and send Arabella over here." Elena said before ending the call.

"Where is she?" Arabella asked, while standing up.

"The Grill."

The Heretic looked back down at the Bennett's, who nodded at her telling her that she can leave.

⭒❃.✮:▹

Not much later she made her way into the grill. Only to see someone she never thought she would see again.

"Lexi?"

"Arabella." Lexi smiled at her as the two girls hugged each other. "Need a helping hand with Stefan?"

"Yeah. We'll need it."

The two friends walked in the old city jail, where Lexi opened the door to reveal Stefan tied to a chair.

"Klaus really did a number on him, huh?"

"The asshole compelled him to turn off his humanity."

"Well, we're just going to have to convince him to turn it back on." Lexi kicks Stefan. "Wake up, sleepy head."

Stefan looked up to them.

"How you feeling?"

"What is this?" Stefan asked, trying to get out of the chains. "Let me out of here." More looking at his mate than his best friend.

"Shh. Inside voices, please. I'm trying to get inside your head."

"Bels. Get rid of her, please."

"Hell no, sweetheart."