They’ve made themselves reach the top of the food chain, as they like to call it. And trust me, it isn’t even meant to be that way. It wasn’t supposed to be a food chain to begin with.

We are all supposed to live as different people from different spaces on earth who would love to learn from one another about our differences.

“Kaya.” An emotion that causes a blush to show up on my face stirs when I hear my name on their tongue, and I hate once again that I felt sheepish at that instead of angry.

I stand in the middle while Kyle and Kieran stand at my side, and behind me walks Kade. They all have their hands rooted into their pockets, their faces positioned ahead, and a hardness there.

It’s a splendid environment, a mansion that we are walking into. I cannot fathom the amount of grandness this place graces me with.

Entering, I gasp internally. It’s perfect. Damn beautiful. The interior decor is awesome for a few minutes, helping me forget about my situation.

There are many werewolves inside, some of them with their slaves next to them, and you can spot them with their lowly-fashioned clothes. It made me rethink for a second why the triplets have decided otherwise for me.

Oh, yes, they have plans.

In their presence inside the room, every eye landed on them, which makes me nervous because I’ve never had this many eyes land on me or anyone I’m with on a walk-in.

And there is silence for some time. I could sense the tension that comes with their entrance. We continue walking until we get to the top of the fancy stairs, where we can capture the whole view of the room.

Woah. This is a lot of werewolves.

“I need a drink.” Kyle requests a drink from a waiter who is passing by and passes his brothers a drink too. I do not expect to get one anyway, so when in fact, I didn’t, it doesn’t hurt.

I just want to get out of here as soon as possible.

“I can’t find the Alpha. He’s not here.”

“Perhaps...” Begins Kyle with a soft snicker being released through his widened lips.

“Stupid you. You think he is so scared of our presence that he did not show up?” Kieran questions before he waves Kyle off with his left hand.

“Well, let’s find that out.” Kade instructs before he hurls the glassy cup away into who knows where.

Because of the instrumental playing loudly, I could only hear a few gasps, which probably means the glass shatters on someone’s head downstairs.

Jeez.

These guys are psychotic.

“You will do well to stay here till we arrive, will you not, little thing?” Speaks Kade with his eyes, watching me from the corner of his socket.

“Yes, master.” I gulp down yet another lump.

“You’re getting good at this. I see you don’t want to become what is actually called a slave.” I hear Kyle tease me as they leave me be.

I watch them step down the stairs, and inside my mind, I wish something could just happen to them that wouldn’t make them ever come back.

I wish they would die or disappear—just never having to ever come back.

My worries soon spiral into a void when I turn to the left, where there’s a room with its door opened. Wait, is that an art establishment?

My feet pause, not knowing if I should proceed. Well, I want them to kill me, don’t I?

They might as well do that when I don’t follow the rules.

As I approach, I see that the room is constructed like a hallway. It’s beautiful. Within a few minutes, I was lost in the paintings. The artist is blessed with the power of nature’s creativity.

From watching landscapes to different types of forests to swamps to the ocean to all other naturistic elegance.

I jump and fall onto my butt when a masculine voice mentions from my back. “I did not think anyone would spend much time staring at that.”

His eyes are placed on a painting of an ocean where there are birds flying past, which captures the frame of a person standing on a berg of a rock next to it.

Then he lands his orbs on me before he helps me up, outstretching his hand.

He is a werewolf, as I can sense.

What do I say?

Did the Triplets send him to punish me?

“Who are you?” I don’t expect myself to be so bold.

There’s a slight frown wrinkling the skin of his forehead. “Oh, fuck. Wait, you’re not a werewolf? Woah. Your beauty deceives me without my realizing it. You’re not dressed up like other slaves. Whoever brings up here, darling?”

Wait, he looks like a royal. He acts nice. He acts like he’s complimenting me.

This is a trap.

He’s a predator.

Oh, goodness. I am just seeing his eyes now that I blink up at him. There’s a reddish ring in there. He’s an Alpha, but which Alpha?

The rate at which I wish the ground could swallow me at his next words is undescribable.

“Oh, where are my manners? I am Alpha Alaric of the Crestwood pack. You probably never heard of it. Now, what’s your name, dear?”

Wait, excuse me? He’s Alpha Alaric?